Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best investment book?

Options
  • 09-05-2006 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭

in a thirst for further knowledge, and to avoid future investing mistakes, let's pool our knowledge of our favourite investment books to find the best reads.

My three favourites are:

1. A Random Walk Down Wall Street. The author, Burton Malkiel, does to finance, what Eddie Hobbs did to economic competition issues. Must be the best introductory read imho

2. The Great Crash. John Kenneth Galbraith writes about the 'great stock market' crash of 1927 on Wall Street. The stock market in all its flaws laid bare. You get a feeling that the stock market is a heazing mass of greed, followed by the inevitable fear when things go wrong. Love the introductory part to his year 2000 re-publishing of the book, where he says that he has made a fortune from the book because every ten years or so people forget the last stock market bubble and crash and develope some new investment craze.

3. Liar's Poker. Must be one of the best descriptions of what life is really like inside an investment bank. Not really of much use as an investing tool, but just a great read.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

you dont have any in ebook format by any chance???
    my lecturer in dcu loved talking about random walks and recomended the book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

"Trading for a Living" - Alexander Elder

"Trading for a Living" - Alexander Elder
    Dont tell me you went to that guys lecture with deltaindex?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭Diarmuid

The Four Pillars of Investing. Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Any books about the life of a trader are generally in the same category as the sun... I'd put liars poker in that category.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

Dont tell me you went to that guys lecture with deltaindex?

Who are they? :confused:

Who are they? :confused:
    they are a spread betting company www.deltaindex.ie ,they had him over giving lectures to prospective traders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

they are a spread betting company www.deltaindex.ie ,they had him over giving lectures to prospective traders

are thee any good.i keep getting emails from them about course.is it worth paying for it.

Advertisement