Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefly Boxset Doing Well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0277213/

Wont have Mal for a while if so.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Hasn't Joss Whedon said he won't be making Firefly any more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

No, he was misquoted as wsaying he won't be making firefly anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

As far as I know, fox still own the rights to Firefly "TV rights" So no show can be made with out them. Joss has said that he will never work for Fox again. So its unlikely that there will be a new TV show made. As for the Firefly boxset doing well. That is now what you have to worry about. It is the Serenity DVD sales that will get a second movie. The boxset sales are just a by product of the release of the movie. It just so happens that fox make monie's out of Joss again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Pretty sure I heard Joss say he wouldnt put Firefly back to a TV series, and instead wants to focus on making a series of films. I'd prefare a TV series tbh, but a series of films will probably get more attention and is far more likely to be watched by people who dont like sci-fi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 ganeagla

Pugsley wrote:
    Pretty sure I heard Joss say he wouldnt put Firefly back to a TV series, and instead wants to focus on making a series of films. I'd prefare a TV series tbh, but a series of films will probably get more attention and is far more likely to be watched by people who dont like sci-fi.

well, there is a lot of talk on the serenitymovie.org forum about what Josh has/or hasn't said and i believe that he recently confirmed that he would still be happy to work on Firefly/Serenity in some form... perhaps I am wrong, but that is what I understand from all their talk.

Here is a recent Joss quote I found on the forum:

"I have a sense of closure that I never had, and I can walk away satisfied. But if somebody tells me not to walk away, I’ll turn right back around." Joss Whedon on Serenity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lealonie

Well i'm sure he's aware that there's thousands of firefly fans telling not to walk away so in other words he'll turn right around if the money is right and he's got a decent script

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

the thing is the movie really wrapped everything up didn't it?
    and wash is dead he was the best.

EDIT by sutty: Spoiler tags added.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Spoiler warnings please! :eek:

I think there's plenty more story left to tell. But I guess a big part of the series was wrapped up well enough, yeah.

Advertisement