Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Provider in West Cork

• 09-05-2006 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has horror stories as regards Eircom, IBB etc broadband providers in West Cork. Are the wireless connections any good down there????

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

There are no eircom horror stories from west cork, you fool . Everything works perfectly down there all the time . Read www.swra.ie/westcork.xls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Why is he a fool?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭shakeydude

Yeah, why would you consider me foolish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Which town are you near??

Bandon/Bantry/Skibb/Clon???

Bandon, the Gateway to West Cork

• Advertisement

shakeydude wrote:
    Are the wireless connections any good down there????

If you lived there you would say "down here" . Why do you assume that Broadband providers in West Cork are any less competent than those you find elsewhere in Ireland. ????

So you read the spreadsheet I linked and got the provider names and website addresses and checked the coverage maps and contacted them and searched Boards for comments about them

Any other questions about 'down there' ?????

Sound,

its just that I was writing this thread in Dublin and my mind was fixed to "up here" rather than "down there" if you catch my drift.

the only reason I ask the question is because I hear that some providers are better than others in some areas so I just wanted to make sure I got the one with the least problems and best price.

I have Clearwire here in Dublin and it does loose connection from time to time.

thats better, read the spreadsheet and check...or start a thread if there is none on a carrier, airwave and ahc are the same BTW, OK but pricey.

Advertisement