Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Tournaments would you like to see at this lan?

• 09-05-2006 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

Don't vote for games u won't have and have them up to date. IE not point in voting for CS if u haven't got steam uptodate.

There will be a seperate thread on what games you would like to play (non tournament)

Only vote if u think u will play that game and have it.

You can vote for MULTIPLE GAMES, not just one

What tournaments would you like to see at GLAN 74 votes

CS Source (whoever wants 1.6 click other and say it)
    0%
    Battlefield 2
    18%
    SniipeNeoSlicerZDoodeetimeoutPPCtoxickPyr0dr_gonza_attorneyTar.AldarionDev 17Apocalypse101C_LanTermanatorRazielDoomgatechallengemaster 14 votes
    COD 2
    20%
    Sniipepo0kNeoSlicerZDoodeenosmoAsoktimeoutPPCARGINITEdr_gonza_attorneyGone WestdanniemcqApocalypse101C_LanTermanatorRazielDoomgate 15 votes
    Quake 3 (whoever wants q4 or qw click other and say it)
    10%
    DoodeetimeoutGone WestdanniemcqDev 17Apocalypse101C_LanTermanatorchallengemaster 8 votes
    UT2K4
    16%
    Sniipepo0kNeoSlicerZDoodeenosmotimeoutPPCARGINITEtoxickPyr0danniemcqRazielDoomgate 12 votes
    Call of Duty
    10%
    SniipeDoodeetimeoutPPCdr_gonza_attorneyTar.AldarionRazielDoomgatechallengemaster 8 votes
    DOW
    6%
    po0ktimeoutPPCGone Westchallengemaster 5 votes
    War Craft TFT
    9%
    Sniipepo0kDoodeenosmotimeouttoxickRazielDoomgate 7 votes
    No tournaments
    6%
    NeoSlicerZDoodeetimeoutTar.AldarionApocalypse101 5 votes
    Other
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

No tournaments
    lads. if you list the tournies you want and a rough estimate of the numbers who would play I can adjust the sign up list to suit.

Do this asap as im buckling down for studying as my exams begin in 9 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

War Craft TFT
    ha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

QW, please. Quetzal and I are currently in the process of browbeating as many people as we can into playing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

QW as its the only game I play (too many colours in other games) :)

Although I do own half the games mentioned :)

War Craft TFT
    Steven and Palidin, you know you can pick more than 1 game to be involved with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

I could if I could run them ;)

War Craft TFT
    q3, surely you could run that? but I know what u mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Quakeworld. As if any other game exists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Ill play other games too, Q3, COD, whatever I have, and steve is welcome to use my PC for some games he cant run, while Im taking a break of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Plasticman

Quakeworld, yo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

War Craft TFT
    QW if there'd be enough people playing.

War Craft TFT
    wtf; when did qw become so popular?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

War Craft TFT
    since you subsided into your hole to study :)
    qw and q3 are pretty much the same to me.. so bring em on :)
    any dow players?. wanted a game last time but sady no one would play with me.. or as much as i can remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

War Craft TFT
    Sniipe wrote:
    wtf; when did qw become so popular?
    newbqw represent y0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

War Craft TFT
    DOW/QW/CS/Q3 would be the tourys i enter, clicked other for QW, as tehre seems to be a good few of Quake players going, so it wouldnt be the team that gets quetzal wins :P...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Qw. It's newbqw's game of choice... as may be guessed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

War Craft TFT
    BF2
    DoW
    UT2K4 (didn't see it when voting)
    CoD/CoD2
    CS1.6 (don't have HL2 at the moment)

In that order of preference. I'd suggest sticking to vanilla/stock maps as not everyone will have every add-on pack for the games.

War Craft TFT
    yea UT2k4 was there, can u edit the poll results? Challangemaster isn't coming to this lan.

War Craft TFT
    I don't think it matters too much, does it?

War Craft TFT
    I don't think it matters too much, as it's cancelled out by my 'forgotten' vote.

• Advertisement

No tournaments
    Dear Jebus you qw n00bs like your polygons
    :D

Right, gonna leave this running just for today, had a look over who voted etc and want a few more before i change.

also, only vote if you are gonna be here please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Apocalypse101

No tournaments
    Just wondering what's the setup on the CSS Asok has sorted out.
    At the last LAN (while i appreciate some1 managing to get it running) the custom changes were kind of annoying.

Will it be default settings and skins etc.?
    Will we be using our own CSS or will a LAN version be distributed (like last time) since not every1 will have CSS (Syxpak for example :) )

No tournaments
    right, the signup page has been altered

find it here
    http://www.galwaylan.com/signup.html

tested the site and its broken

also noticed i made a boo boo in the code, requires you to tick all boxes to process the form.

so if anyone is handy with xhtml and Php i'd appreciate the help.
    I've got sfa time atm with exams looming.

send me a pm if your up for it.

War Craft TFT
    Just wondering what's the setup on the CSS Asok has sorted out.
    At the last LAN (while i appreciate some1 managing to get it running) the custom changes were kind of annoying.

Will it be default settings and skins etc.?
    Will we be using our own CSS or will a LAN version be distributed (like last time) since not every1 will have CSS (Syxpak for example :) )
    I don't play sh1t games.
    Steam is a terribly half-assed system.
    Asok is handling the CS:S server. The friday/early saturday hours are when we'll be getting everyone to test out clinet/server versions of every tournament game we're running. Every other game makes this easy. Steam, however, is a crock of syphilis when it comes to updating clients at a lan - even with net access, a bunch of people having to download an extra update or something is a pain. The game server itself should be capable of redist'ing those updates to clients.
    We'll have CS1.6 as a fall-back in case Steam fncks us over.

It's looking like QW and Q3 are pretty close. Anyone fancy mixing it up and playing both? Or Cube instead?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Apocalypse101

No tournaments
    Right so, Thx Syx.

i was only using you as an example! :rolleyes:

And i dont recall disagreeing with u about steam...you guys mentioned source first:)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

No tournaments
    Somebody pump up those warcraft votes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

SyxPak wrote:
    It's looking like QW and Q3 are pretty close. Anyone fancy mixing it up and playing both? Or Cube instead?

I can't speak for the qw players coming down, but I will anyway.

Several of them don't actually play q3 at all..cube was great, but warsow was/is better.

I don't know what should be done in terms of tournis, the usual q3 suspects (anima, SiN etc) don't actually seem to be coming, and obviously my preference is gonna be for quakeworld, I'd still play in a q3 tourni of course, but I only open the game at lans - it just doesn't have a dm3.

If I were running the quake at this lan I'd run a 1on1 or 2on2 tourni in qw, but concentrate moreso on just getting big games of both going, ie 4on4 5on5 etc (I know the qw'ers will be playing 3on3+ tdm anyway, so just needs a few more newbies to make it spectacular, I'm looking at you Captain Paek.) Because, let's face it, whether it's 1on1 or 2on2, it's always gonna be between about 3 players (+ their newbies if it's 2on2) competing for the prize. Similar situation has always existed in cs also, you know if you're on Anima's team you're gonna have a better chance of winning than on QUETZALSTEAMOFDEATH. Only reason people think cs is fairer is bigger teams, so you have much better chances of being landed on a team with someone decent..

I still think tournis should be on for bf2 (even though I've never even played it) and SOME form of quake, as they clearly win the polls (I don't count any cs, as cs is gay.), and sponsorship is free - might as well make us of it :) Just don't think the focus should be on tournis as the way the lan is signed up for atm, in the games I know off, we don't even have ANY cs players, and q3/qw comes down to 3 or 4 players as per usual. No idea about other games.

Just my 2 cents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

UT2K4
    Q3 for me and a bit of the old Source as well,at the moment im signed up to go will know more in a week or so if we'll be heading over ( situation has been explained to Syx )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

No tournaments
    wc3, q3, cs I guess.

• Advertisement

War Craft TFT
    62 on the sign up list. Thats good. Prepay only lads, so get to it if u haven't already.

The bigger and more difficult tournies will be played first. This will be the order:

BF2 (I don't know much about this, will it be a 5v5 comp?)
    CS:S (source will be played. Get ur steam updated, no hacked versions)
    COD2 (deathmatch I think would be cool?)
    Q3 (1v1 or 2v2. I don't think anyone will be too pissed off if its a 2v2... personally I think they are more fun)
    qw (again, 1v1 or 2v2, u decide... I may play if its a 2v2, just to see what all the fuss is about)

Thats the top 5 tournies as voted for. Anything else will have to be organised between yourselves. Or get voting for; warcraft, DOW, COD, UT2K4.

Realistically anymore that 5 tourney's being organised will be tough, but if things go really smoothly, we'll add whats popular on the day, I guess.

Does this sound fair?

By the way this can change if u vote for them.

[edit] I know tourney's aren't the be all and end all but they do form a structure to the lan. It would be nice for a good bit of competition in something.[/edit]

Advertisement