Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do eircom charge for overuse??

• 09-05-2006 6:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am on the €30 pm eircom BB package. I think the cap is 20GB and was wondering do they actually charge if you go over or what and what exactly do they charge? I'm just after setting up an easynews account and I feel I am going to go over this month..

Also, I just signed up to easynews but I can't logon yet? Whats up there? I have checked my credit card it has been billed...BTW its a 3V card does this make any difference??

Thanks,
    Hakko

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

you wont be billed however they have full rights to bill you for it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Some providers don't charge anything just throttle your speed to 64 or 128 till your transfer over last 30 days is below cap.

Others charge punitive amounts of money, esp mobile phone based internet access over cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

How much are you alocated to download on the easynews account?

When has eircom ever throllted the connection?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

I don't think anyone suggested that Eircom Throttled. I think on the whole they perfer charging more :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Any reported cases of Eircom or any other ISP actually charging for over use?

• Advertisement

Eircom do charge once in a while and UTV will charge for every single MBytes overdownlaoded....while BT have been known to disconnect your DSL until the start of the following month.

Well I've consistantly gone around 300 gigs a month with bt for the last 4 months and I've had no problems.

Thorbar wrote:
    Well I've consistantly gone around 300 gigs a month with bt for the last 4 months and I've had no problems.

WTF!

Im a heavy downloader and can sometimes break 100GB....but 300GB is an insane amount of data for a home user!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Thorbar wrote:

/Takes out notepad and pencel and asks: Name, user name etc etc ... :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

They have been known to charge but it was for stuff like home basic dsl package in an internet cafe .

• Advertisement

/Takes out notepad and pencel and asks: Name, user name etc etc ... :D

Heh I was wondering if there would be any BT admins lurking.

Advertisement