Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Englischer Garten

Options
  • 09-05-2006 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

Ich erinnere als ich in Múnchen im englischen Garten war. War jemand andere je da? Wenn die Sonne scheint, sitzt man draussen und trinkt. Es gibt traditionelles deutsches Musik und es ist ganz schón.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭mackerski

foxybrowne wrote:
    Arbeit macht Frei

A little tasteless, don't you think? :eek:

Dermot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 lucille

total eejit,not even worth talking to.

dermot how old are u if u dont mind me asking?

lucille wrote:
    dermot how old are u if u dont mind me asking?

33 - aber warum willst Du es wissen?

Dermot

cos ur german is brilliant

lucille wrote:
    cos ur german is brilliant

Ah, right. That's not really age related, I was lucky enough to spend a few years in Munich. Thanks for the compliment...

Dermot

• Advertisement

well yeah it is in a way (agerelated)...ur germans actually so good that u can see that it must have been quite a few years that u spent abroard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭Von Manstein

Im in Munich at the mo in the Easy Interent Cafe. I ditched the huge festival in the Olympia Park for the Germany game. Im not a big footie fan but that wasnt the ppoblem. The place was incredibly packed and very warm. No place to lie down.had to stand and you couldnt go for a drink. You couldnt get out let alone find your way back.

Try going through 3 hours of this and realsing the 90 minute match still hasnt started yet. I ended up leaving out of sheer exhaustion (like many ppl froim what I could see) to get a drink firstly and then get the hell out of there. took me 15 mins to go through a 100 metres of Germans sitting in the grass. Stepped on a lot of toes amomg other things. Jesus it was horrible!

Been hanging arould munich since alone :( Happier than what I would have been though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Oflynna

hey van manstein,

if you're feeling too lonely and you're still in munich and you're desperately looking for someone to go for a beer, i'd be happy to come with you. i'll be here for another month or so.

cheers,
    christine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Sin scéal eile

Oflynna wrote:
    hey van manstein,

if you're feeling too lonely and you're still in munich and you're desperately looking for someone to go for a beer, i'd be happy to come with you. i'll be here for another month or so.

Don't know if you know this page already, it's an English speaking crowd in Munich, they have regular meet-ups:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/forum/

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Don't know if you know this page already, it's an English speaking crowd in Munich, they have regular meet-ups:

http://www.toytowngermany.com/munich/forum/

What a great site. Could have done with something similar when I lived there.
    Probably wouldn't have helped the old Deutsch though. You couldn't beat the Augustiner Keller Biergarten in the summer!

• Advertisement
Advertisement