Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Repairing scratched Alloys

Options
  • 09-05-2006 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Just curious as to how easy/difficult this would be to get professionally done?

I have 17inch shadow chrome alloys which have all been scuffed off curbs etc at this stage.
    Would regular body repair shops/panel beaters do this type of repair job aswell? What would the cost be roughly?
    Its seems a basic enough process using Primer, 250/400grit wet & dry sand paper, Paint thinner, clear lacquer etc.

(Im in living in North Dublin, would anybody have the name of a crowd that carry out such a job)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

There's a crowd in Bray who claim to bring wheels back to as new condition for €90 each.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Costs just over half that in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Costs just over half that in the UK.

In pounds sterling.;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Cost will depend on the wheel also and the amount of work involved.
    Dave McCann in Clonsilla is supposed to be very good.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Anan1 wrote:
    In pounds sterling.;)

No. Converted. Just another example of rip off Ireland.

I had a set done a couple of years ago and they are still pristine.

PM me if you want the contact details of the Co.

• Advertisement
Advertisement