Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to go with? No more IBB

• 09-05-2006 6:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Today I lost my IBB line... for what reason I dunno, but they can no longer receive a signal. I'm not stuck for a decent provider. There are five heavy internet users in the house, so I need something with a high download limit.
    I've called NTL and Smart today and both of them say I'm not in there exhange, currentlyg I'm living in Huntstown/Mullhuddart, and I know people five minutes away in clonee with NTL.

Really I don't know where to look next, I need to have broadband - I use it all the time for school, and I'm already suffering withdrawl symtoms from my week without it. Are there any other decent providers out there, ones that won't charge me an arm and a leg?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

get onto IBB and go mad, sounds a bit odd to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭thehomeofDob

Right - I'm now down to two providers.

BT's 3mb package, or Digiwebs 3mb package. I'd prefer to go with Digiweb because it has a larger download cap, but what I'd like to know is who is better in terms of quality? Customer service etc.
    It'll be a 6month contract so I don't wanna be stuck with an awful company for that long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

I would strongly urge you to read some of the threads on BT's BB offerings berore you decide... example1 example2 example3 and many many many more.

Also look here

Thanks Gandalf, looks like it's going to be Digiweb for now. Great links.

Digiweb says I'll have my equipment within 10 days. As far as the bandwidth is concerned the girl in the sales deparment say that Digi don't charge or cut off users for exceeding bandwidth, they just cap the speeds.
    Has anyone had experience with this happening? Do they cap it to dial up speeds or what? Also, does Digi provide an online meter to keep a track of bandwidth.
    I have one (bandwidth monitor) on this PC, but it also tracks LAN traffic and doesn't seperate them, and then there are 3 other computers using the internet. So I'd like to keep a running total.

Thanks for the help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Digiweb says I'll have my equipment within 10 days. As far as the bandwidth is concerned the girl in the sales deparment say that Digi don't charge or cut off users for exceeding bandwidth, they just cap the speeds.
    Has anyone had experience with this happening? Do they cap it to dial up speeds or what? Also, does Digi provide an online meter to keep a track of bandwidth.
    I have one (bandwidth monitor) on this PC, but it also tracks LAN traffic and doesn't seperate them, and then there are 3 other computers using the internet. So I'd like to keep a running total.

Thanks for the help.
    Yes they do cap you for going over the limit
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054912930&highlight=ricey

Brend

Advertisement