Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

installing eircoms netopia dsl box

• 09-05-2006 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

i am installing eircoms outofbox netopia dsl broadband and am getting no solid dsl sync light, the purple/lilac rj11 cable is connecting to the filters and then trough a panasonic telephone switch ( 9 for outside line ), i feel this maybe the problem.

anyone any ideas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Won't work. You'll have to put the splitter on the eircom side of the switch. Plug the switch into the phone side of the splitter and the dsl box into, well, the dsl side of the splitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Alun is correct. The DSL modem must be connected to the phone line before the switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Hi Snes23,

It needs to be plugged into a direct line - will not work through switch. I had this prob in an office install. In my case EIRCOM had enabled the wrong number for B/Band - one of the numbers coming through the switch . They should have enabled the fax line, this is most often a seperate line into an office away from the switch so ideal for B/Band. It took a few days for Eircom to convert one line to another [ fax ].

Hope this helps,
    Aidan

Advertisement