Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft conference

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Madden will be out on 360 first by default, because Madden games come out in Sept/Oct, I believe. It will be on PS3 in Nov when it launches, though, obviously. Again, the game will be playable on PS3 at E3, this has already been announced.

Halo3 is looking good, but I'm strangely not as blown away as I thought I might be. Very teaser-ish trailer. There was a time when it was guaranteed that a Halo game would look better than anything else, but obviously this generation is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Is Halo 3 all they had?

Just yesterday they bashed Sony for not having anything "new" or "innovative".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i dont care. cant wait. great sound track.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

....forget that ;) seeing as gta4 isnt out till 2007!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Omfg H3, Gta, Mgs, Zelda Zomfgt!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Everyone is missing this

October 2007

Ah, that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Everyone is missing this

October 2007

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Stoichkov

Pro Evo is a dead cert for the ps3.

WE sells bucket loads in japan, a country that has no interest in the 360. Its also huge in europe. No chance of pro evo being a 360 exclusive.

what site has free, live coverage of the MS press conferance? ive seen sony, and nintendo on gamespot, but cant see MS as I have to pay or some crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Ciaran500 wrote:
    Everyone is missing this

October 2007
    Lol.. I did miss that actually. Makes more sense (not a word from anywhere else and no footage or shots) but that's bloody AGES!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Stoichkov wrote:
    Pro Evo is a dead cert for the ps3.

WE sells bucket loads in japan, a country that has no interest in the 360. Its also huge in europe. No chance of pro evo being a 360 exclusive.

There isn't a doubt about this, the producer spoke to a Japanese mag just before E3 regarding the PS3 version. MS made no claim this was exclusive AFAIK, not even semi-ambiguously as they seemed to with GTA :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Well Gta isn't exclusive to Sony anymore which was the biggest factor in my decision about what next gen console I would buy. Couple that with the Ps3's price... Might go out and get me a 360 whenever I get the money together.

2min trailer suckage! but...
    OMG the auto rifle is back
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Is Halo 3 all they had?

Just yesterday they bashed Sony for not having anything "new" or "innovative".

GTA coming to both consoles at the same time, according to rockstar/take2. it'll be out on 360 first according to peter moore....

october 2007 on both consoles on take2's website

sony had better locked down some sort of exclusive content for the ps3 version or people will flock to the cheaper 360.

financial times (or something of that ilk) is reporting that the reason for the dual-release is because take2 is, frankly, down the ****ter money wise. the contract rumoured to have been signed with sony wasn't enough to save them, so they need money, fast. also explains LCS on ps2.

some people are also saying sony tried to BUY rockstar north!

some others on forums and whatnot are also saying it's all a joke. especially after peter moore said it was coming to 360 before ps3.

He never said it was coming to the Xbox360 first. :rolleyes:

Ciaran500 wrote:
    He never said it was coming to the Xbox360 first. :rolleyes:

yes he did.

http://xbox360.gamedaily.com/news/?id=10566

360 to get episodic content for GTA.

EDIT: looks like ps3 will too.... this is hurting my face

That doesn't show he said it was on the 360 first?

Where announced that PS3 was getting the same content.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Ciaran500 wrote:
    That doesn't show he said it was on the 360 first?

Where announced that PS3 was getting the same content.

the link was just showing new news... not proving my point

"microsoft and r* are bringing GTA4, the next-gen of the wildly successful franchise to 360 on 16 october, 2007... the first time it's available"

are you going to suggest to me he's not playing with words there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

So no bigger hdd announced, no hd-drive price...and a subpar halo3 clip.

pox.

Might get myself a Wii...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

First time GTA is available on an xbox console. Not necessarily first available between ps3/360

GStormcrow wrote:
    First time GTA is available on an xbox console.

gtadoublepackxbox.JPG

:p

project mayhem you struggling to understand english here???

the first time it will be available will be october 19th. it will be available to ps3 and xbox 360. san andreas... the first time it was available was only available to ps2. ...... what he is saying is there is no exclusive rubbish. but microsoft have the rights to do extra content on the marketplace for the game. jeez its so simple.

bringing GTA4, the next-gen of the wildly successful franchise to 360 on 16 october, 2007... the first time it's available

I don't have a run of the stream, but it may have been "the first day it is available" or something similar. Not claiming that the 360 would be the first with the game, but it would not be left waiting 6months-a year.

{EDIT} Stream was still buffered so was able to skip through, definite wording is... "the first date it is available"

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I don't have a run of the stream, but it may have been "the first day" or something similar. Not claiming that the 360 would be the first, but it would not be left waiting 6months-a year.
    AH.. now that makes sense... case closed!

kaimera wrote:
    So no bigger hdd announced, no hd-drive price...and a subpar halo3 clip.

fresh off the press
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64494
    evad_lhorg wrote:
    project mayhem you struggling to understand english here???

the first time it will be available will be october 19th. it will be available to ps3 and xbox 360. san andreas... the first time it was available was only available to ps2. ...... what he is saying is there is no exclusive rubbish. but microsoft have the rights to do extra content on the marketplace for the game. jeez its so simple.

watch the show. straight away reports said he was saying it's exclusive. you know why? because he made it sound that way. said reports were corrected by take2 after via email...

I would have quoted mayhem, didn't realise there were more posts after his >.< (end of page). I was quietly surprised with the show, some good games up and coming and good footage. I think the Live anywhere idea with Vista will be pretty interesting and definitly something that Sony would find hard to copy!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

here somethin im confused on..... i know they are releasing the hd-drive but will that be used as just a movie player or will it be for games too? it would wanna be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

There are no plans for games on hd-dvd afaik.

Advertisement