Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

loading and comparing incoming data with XML (java)

Options
  • 09-05-2006 7:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi, this is my first post and i want to stress i know NOTHING about Java script.

firstly, I have been spending the past few months building a patch in a midi/audio processing program called Max/MSP, you probly know it. Anyway ive got to the very end of the patch and the last thing I have to do is compare incoming data (which isn't indexed) with data stored in an xml file which is indexed 0-31. then, when the closest match is found, for the 'coll' (collection object used in Max) to output the index number at which the stored data matches.
    that way the index will jump straight to that part in the sample.

i have looked into it in Max and have got a bit stuck, i thought java might be the way forward as max supports basic java scripting. i have been told to
    'use a loop to step through the array checking the input data against each array index' but i dont know how to go about this.

any thought?

cheers in advance,

declan!

EDIT: i can get the incoming data indexed, if it would help matters...

Comments

Advertisement