Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bt Bb And L/rental Whats The Catch

• 09-05-2006 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

I have no broadband connection but am looking into getting it. At the moment i use dial-up with euphony(www.euphony.ie) i have line rental with eircom €24.18 a month and an unlimited calls day or night to any ireland landline for €10 a month with euphony. I just want to find out if i sign up with bt for the bb and line rental (which is €35 a month) that i get to keep euphony or do i have to switch to one of bt's call packages.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The catch is: BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Ken Shabby wrote:
    The catch is: BT
    qft
    Wouldn't go back to them if you payed me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

jhud wrote:
    i get to keep euphony or do i have to switch to one of bt's call packages.
    To answer your question, no you don't have to take the call package from BT to avail of the BB+line rental discount.

However, as mentioned by Mr Shabby, the catch is BT, plus their overly useless customer service department which is in itself only surpassed in incompetence by their billing department. I feel I should qualify this statement by saying that I am currently a satisfied BT customer, all bills working fine and no problems. I had problems before with them though when I closed my previous account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

jor el wrote:

At your peril indeed. If there are any other options I would advise you to carefully explore them.

When BT is working it usually works fine... the real nightmares happen when you have a problem of ANY sort. I refer you to any of the many many BT threads on this forum.

Advertisement