Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

been to a good..

• 09-05-2006 9:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I am a married man with 3 children (and a wife) and I love to bring them out for a Sunday lunch but we always argue over where and why.

How about us family guys recommending eateries here.

Give discription , address of resturant and what you thought of it and we can all be guided bt your experience.

Perhaps even marks out of ten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭milos

I gave a review of the place my family ate on Sunday but I posted it in Food and Drink. See what you think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

whiskeyman wrote:
    LOL!!!
    You replied to your own post.... you really should have registered a new nick to make it somewhat believable!
    This is the worst shill I've ever seen!

:D

You're a fool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Hahaha

thanks liouville and smoggy for your nice welcome to a new person. I can judge by your replys that you are very nice helpful people. Simple answer to you both. You may have to think about this . It is a two word answer and the second word is OFF. Worked it out yet?

thanks all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,784 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Milos - Take no notice of them...

If you fancy a spin out to North Co Dublin you could try the Man O War near Balbriggan. I've not been there for a couple of months, but the grub was cracking the last time I was there.

I can highly recommend the home-made burger & chips!

You can walk it all off in Ardgillan Park (a 5 minute drive away) afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Milos, Liouville was responding to someone called Whiskeyman, who replied to your post with the quoted text in Liouville's post. Liouville was standing up for you. The confusion happened when Whiskeyman deleted his post, leaving Liouville's out of context. I'm not sure why smoggy is laughing.

Back on topic! No more bitching!

The only 'family' restaurant I've ever been in was Thunderroad Café. It was an experience to say the least. The only way I can describe it is to compare it to 'Uncle Mo's Family Feedbag' in the Simpsons; in other words, if you like a whole lot of crazy crap on the walls and food deepfried, you'll like this. I thought it was a dystopian vision of our nightmarish consumer led future.

Thanks all apoligies sorry liouville for misunderstanding.:)

Was in the pub by the side of the Phoenix park on Sunday. Not the hole in the wall the other one.
    All carvery. Wife and Daughter had beef and ham.. No.2 son and myself had a beautiful mushroom soup followed by cheesecake and pavlova.
    All good will go again.

Now all I have to do is remember the name of the pub????:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Shabadu wrote:
    I thought it was a dystopian vision of our nightmarish consumer led future.

Oooh that sounds nasty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

Better Add my appology, Sorry Milos , I thought u were one of those guys who try and start a topic and when its not going anywhere they reply back to thier own post to give it more status. I now see that you had re posted by mistake. A genuine mistake and sorry for jumping on the bad wagon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭*Tripper*

Whats the budget like? I can tell you that the Exchangs in the Westin Hotel on Westmorlan St. does the best sunday buffet in town and its very reasonably priced to! You need to book a few weeks in advance though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

Shabadu, Thunderroad Café is a poor imitation of the TGI Friday's and/or the Hard Rock Café. Its costs about the same amount, looks similar, the only difference is the music is louder and the food is worse (in the thuinderroad).

Captain America's is a similar fare on grafton st. Although in my opinion it outclasses those other establishments. It has a certain character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

milos wrote:
    Thanks all apoligies sorry liouville for misunderstanding.:)

Was in the pub by the side of the Phoenix park on Sunday. Not the hole in the wall the other one.
    All carvery. Wife and Daughter had beef and ham.. No.2 son and myself had a beautiful mushroom soup followed by cheesecake and pavlova.
    All good will go again.

Now all I have to do is remember the name of the pub????:confused:

Was it Cumiskeys, AKA The Turnstile?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

If you're in the city centre there's the Bad Ass Cafe on Crown Alley in Temple Bar. Good pizzas and a kids menu.

I can remember being taken there a few times as a kid and enjoying it - there's an overhead pulley system that is used to send drink orders to the bar, good fun to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,441 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

cuckoo wrote:
    If you're in the city centre there's the Bad Ass Cafe on Crown Alley in Temple Bar. Good pizzas and a kids menu.

I can remember being taken there a few times as a kid and enjoying it - there's an overhead pulley system that is used to send drink orders to the bar, good fun to watch.

I second the Bad Ass Cafe in Temple bar, went there many times with my family growing up and always found the place great fun.

The pulleys are fascinating for kids and adults alike, also used to have guys making the pizza bases on display too, they would roll them out, throw them in the air etc etc, was brilliant, dunno if they still do that though.
    The food was great too, at least as I remember it :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Smoggy thanks for your reply. We be friends now (sad)
    Krankykitty thanks it was Cumiskeys. Most enjoyable.

To all others my family are not great lovers of "fast food". Prefer good food well presented. Price range €20 to €40 pp

Advertisement