Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Ulster Bank Anytime Banking

Options
  • 09-05-2006 9:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

www.ulsterbankanytimebanking.ie

They've changed their service. You now need a pin number and a password.

My first impressions are:
    - for crying out loud don't ask me for the 4th, 19th and 7th digit of my passphrase which is "somerandomloadofcharacterswhicharehardenoughtorememberalready"
    - the removable of that annoying java certificate is welcomed!
    - the new interface is nice and clean, easy to navigate and not bloated
    - they still don't allow you to choose your own narative for your statement or the recieving persons statement like AIB do
    - they've taken out the feedback box!
    - at least they don't have that annoying code card like AIB do

What does anyone else think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

only have the new customer number from a letter they sent about a month ago about their new site. did they send you out a pin and password later or do you have to telephone them to set this up?
    anything has to be better than their previous effort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

When you login to now old anytime.ulsterbank.com with your old details they will redirect you to the new website where you setup the pin / password.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seems they've moved over to the RBS/NatWest platform. I used that in the UK and wasn't blown away by it. I guess it's no surprise though, they were hardly likely to develop anything better solely for their own use.

What's this BuffyBot?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ulster Bank is owned by Royal Bank of Scotland, as is NatWest in the UK. When they took over NatWest, they moved the customers over to the RBS Internet banking platform. I'm surprised it's taken them some long to do the same for Ulster.

The point I was making is that it's not a particularily exciting or innovating system in comparison to other banks. However, at least it's more up to date than what they had.

• Advertisement

Ah, fair enough. I'm happy with it bar what I mentioned above and any other great features which AIB may not have either ... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭coward

ciaranfo wrote:
    When you login to now old anytime.ulsterbank.com with your old details they will redirect you to the new website where you setup the pin / password.

just allows me into the old site without redirecting me to setup the new pin. perhaps they are rolling it in slowly, for certain customers.

@coward
    Maybe that's the case ... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Can you do international transfers on there new online system?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Can it be used with a Mac now?

• Advertisement

@kelzer
    Not that i can see

@crosstownk
    I've used it with Internet Explorer, Firefox and Safari without issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

More woes for Mac users on Ulsterbanks Anytime Internet Banking service !

When I go to the logon page I'm told my browser isn't supported despite using Safari for the past 3 years without issue ! It seems that ver. 3.0.2 isn't acceptable !

Now I have to use bloody Firefox and I didn't want to have to use this browser because my past experiences with it aren't good.

Has anyone else had problems with it.

My thinking is that UB use the browser i.d. and compare it to a list of specific browser versions and choke if the version isn't on the list. I doubt if there's a specific problem with Safari other than it's version number isn't on their list.

There used to be a crack that hid your browser info, anyone know about it ?

ZEN

Advertisement