Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

24 hour Filmmaking Festival This Weekend

• 09-05-2006 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Fast Forward Ireland THE SEQUEL to take place in FilmBase, Temple Bar on May 12th and 13th.
    CALL FOR PARTICIPANTS!
    Actors!
    Writers!
    Directors!
    Camera Owners/Operaters!
    Crew!
    RENEGADE ARTISTS!!!

REGISTER AT www.fastforwardireland.com

If you have any notion at all to make a film, or if you've been sitting on a few ideas you'd like to explore over an intense 24 hour period, or if you and your friends are creative types, or if you are at all inclined to use your noggin and any tools to hand to create a piece of art, then please come along to this event. We've already had one in Ireland, which went down really well and competitors made some great films. I'm hoping all of this leads to creative anarchy, and some good experiences, important collaborative relationships and a new attitude towards this kind of thing. Come along if you're at all interested. I'll be the guy running around like a headless chicken after not sleeping for 24 hours trying to screen all your movies.

FilmBase: Friday May 12, 7 pm: topics issued.
    FilmBase: Saturday May 13 8 pm: Films screened.

Andrew

www.fastforwardireland.com

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Only a €10 registration fee... sounds good.

Anyone feel like getting a boards.ie team together? I'd be game anyway.

No one else planning on going?

I'm going to along anyway as I'm interested in seeing how it's organised... and I'll hopefully try and find a place on a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

cant make it, i'm abroad.

hopefully it will be good though. Tell us how it goes monkeyfudge.

Pretty good so far...

I went along on my own and formed a team with 6 other people who were in the same situation... So it's team of 7 strangers who have to have a 3 minute film ready for tomorrow at 5pm.

As a topic we were given a photograph and the word 'once' to work with.

The seven of us speant about 4 hours this evening discussing possible plots with each other over a meal... It wasn't easy getting everyone to agree on one concept, but I managed to come up with one in the end that pretty much pleased us all.

We start shooting first thing in the morning.. should be fun... I'm hammering out the script right now.

I'll be sure to stick the finish product up online once it's done...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Thats cool. Good luck monkeyfudge!

• Advertisement

Woohoo... 3rd place for my team.

I was really happy with how the project came together...

I was a little disappointed in the sound quality in the scenes with dialogue... but it's very difficult to get these things right with so little time.

There is a great purse snatching scene in it that was amazingly satisfying to edit together... I'm used to editing documentaries about libraries and community centres, so editing a great action scene like this was a new experience.

The Central Hotel was kind enough to allow us to shoot in one of their bathrooms, and while we were shooting a few of us did market research for a sandwich company who were doing interviews in the hotel... When they were finished for the day they gave us dozens upon dozens of free sandwiches...

I'll post up the film as soon as I get a chance... I'd like to have a go at correcting some of the sound problems first though.

EDIT: Okay, here it is then:

http://monkeyfudge.com/Once_web.mov

Remember.. only 24 hours to conceive, script, rehearse, shoot and edit... not much time to polish things.

EDIT AGAIN: You may need to right click and choose 'save as' it shows up as a quicktime logo with a '?' if you just click on it.

Okay.. I have it up on YouTube now... it's a lot quicker to submit something there than it is to GoogleVideo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiXWrgwL_L8

Sound is poor as I've said.. so you'll need the volume way up... (Don't worry it's not one of those jump out and scare you things)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

That's pretty good Monkeyfudge. Nice ironic twist. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

I liked it monkeyfudge. Just out of interest, what sort of camera did you use?

Advertisement