Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Car kit

Options
  • 09-05-2006 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get an Ipod and also a Wired car kit and cradle to connect to my Pioneer headunit, to charge and run it through it...

Anyone off how know where to get such an item and if you have one what do you think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

Halfords would be your best bet, i think they have a store in Dundalk, i have the Alpine eqivelent and selecting a new album takes ages on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

i'm curious about this too. What do people use/recommend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭woody

The Whole FM Modulator as I have been told is not effective, had it on my old Mstation and never really worked well

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I've a dension ice>link and it's fantastic. I've tried the FM transmitters, and BMW's own ipod interface, but the dension is the best, and it comes with a cradle just like a phone kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Wavey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

these docks seem to connect to a DICE module?

Does anyone suggest anything that just charges and docks the Ipod but just let's you control it through the Ipod.

Sorry if this is hi-jacking a bit Woody but I'm looking for something very similar to you :)

No point in starting a new thread...

ned78 wrote:
    I've a dension ice>link and it's fantastic. I've tried the FM transmitters, and BMW's own ipod interface, but the dension is the best, and it comes with a cradle just like a phone kit.

does it charge the ipod and run through the cd-changer output or the aux.. And finally can you sync it to see and control the ipod from the headunit ?

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭RustySpoon

http://www.mp3yourcar.com/

they have ipod connectors but no docks, it just plugs into the bottom of your ipod and charges/plays. You run the cable into the CD input in the back of your radio and you can control the ipod using both the head unit and the ipod controls.

Hope that's of help.

Cheers that seems a more better option just can buy a cradle so then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

I have an itrip if its any good to you?

• Advertisement

If it is a modulator had one for the M-Station the quality is not great I want a wired/charge solution

• Registered Users Posts: 3,229 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

Yeah its a modulator but I never had any problems with quality while using it. I did however have an aftermarket jobbie before and the quality wasn't great but the griffin itrip seems to be the job. As for a charging interface you can get them from ebay for a reasonable cost.

Advertisement