Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Riddlers

Options
  • 09-05-2006 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Well? Who goes on fridays?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Why should anyone go to Riddlers on Friday? Seriously, haven't been there in about a year, whats going on there every Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Isn't it supposed to be the New New Highstool? (Wasn't Quinns the New Highstool? Or is Costelloes also considered a New Highstool... that would make Riddlers the New New New Highstool... I'm confused)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

cornbb wrote:
    Isn't it supposed to be the New New Highstool? (Wasn't Quinns the New Highstool? Or is Costelloes also considered a New Highstool... that would make Riddlers the New New New Highstool... I'm confused)

Costelloes was around for more than a decade, before anyone ever thought up of an idea for the High Stool!
    It's always had more of an art student feel to it though.
    Quin's was the main alternative pub of the last few years, till most of that croud then moved up to The High Stool when that opened, and Stephen turned friday and saturday nights in Quin's to Cosmo, the gay bar!
    Riddlers on a Saturday night is usually filled with 16 year olds who climbed over the back gate!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,492 ✭✭✭sioda

Why would anyone go to Riddlers ever awful place up there with Mc Gregors. Got a pint in there one nite smelt like socks never went back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭radioman

full of emo kids

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

The pints are manky but are some great live gigs upstairs if you can put up with all the little emo/skater/goth kids, I shouldn't complain too much though, I was one myself in the not so distant past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭BobTheBeat

not a bad place when there's a (good) band playing upstairs like kyp says, but other than that its a bit sh1t. The only thing it has in common with the Highstool is, it has a small scumbag-type element left over from previous days

When the high stool was known as the desmond arms, it was a dive. After it went under new management, some of the nackas never quite got the message and insisted on still drinking there (causing many a hilarious fight between scumbags and bikers:) !).
    Riddlers is the same, you can get some serious salt sitting in the back bar over by the fire place. I've often seen them give hassle to some of the young goths and trapesing upstairs roaring at the bands. Thing is, the crowd in there isn't quite old enough to stand up to this type of thing, so they are tolerated in there.

The highstool was much better in its heyday though...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

radioman wrote:
    full of emo kids

What the f**k is emo, anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Inge Binge

cornbb wrote:
    What the f**k is emo, anyway?

One who rejects "pop culture" and joins the counter-culture realm. Usually has ideas contrary to popular opinion and seeks to gain a better understanding of life through artistic venues. May appear depressed, have black or red hair, and dress in a way that is contrary to what is popular. Thrift stores, art, coffee shops, underground music, and poetry are usually of great interest. Contrary to popular opinion, though an emo kid may seem depressed, within their own group there is an element of deep understanding and friendship. Emo kids see the world as beautiful, but its inhabitants as lost and depressing.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=emo+kid

IB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

haha.. other wise known on the street as 'a wanna be goth'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

haha.. other wise known on the street as 'a wanna be goth'

eMo!
    How can they even have respect for themselves!
    Then again, they don't. That's the point I suppose!
    But seriously, couldn't they have coined a phrase for their fad that didn't mean "emotional rock!!!"
    They're even worse than all those little goppets(goth-muppets), from about 5 years ago!!!

*rant over!*

Advertisement