Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Soul Gems

• 09-05-2006 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭

so i found the witch living in the hut east of river and she told me i must get for her 5 empty grand soul gems in order for her to help me get cured from vampirism

question: what are grand soul gems and where do i find them?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Awww.

Grand soul gems are big ass magic gems for capturing souls. You'll occasionally find them while adventuring, but stealing them from the various mages guilds is the best way.

Once you have them in your inventory, don't capture any souls or they might be wasted. You cannot empty gems once they're full.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Yeah i think robbing in the mages guilds is teh way to go or do a fwe mages guild missions and you'll pick em up on the way

How far into the game are you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i was on level 8 (**** i know) but i am now back to the start. had to reformat this afternoon :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Would you mind using spoiler tags for this kinda thing... friend told me the first post gave him way more info than he wanted...

That said, yes mages guilds are the way to go and if i'm not mistaken one can be purchased from the mystic emporium in the imperial city.

Oh yes the dramatic weight is ruined! :rolleyes: Why could it possibly matter for the story what you have to bribe her with?

• Advertisement

Would you mind using spoiler tags for this kinda thing... friend told me the first post gave him way more info than he wanted... .

Now I agree what Burning Eclipse is saying in general that spoiler tags should be used where possible but in this case as the witch asks you for grand soul gems its not a big secret or plot spoiler

In future put a disclaimer in the title people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Of course, its perfectly okay to do the respectable thing and buy the gems off the guild... :)

I don't think they're actually for sale.

Zillah wrote:
    I don't think they're actually for sale.

yeah i think you're right here Z, i never remember buying them or else I saw them for sale and thought how odd why would i pay for them when i cant put my l33t thief skills to use and rob em

Don't think they can be bought anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

They are for sale alright, most of them are actually filled to some degree or other (usually common or greater). I've bought quite a few empty ones as well though.

• Advertisement

Thats how i got mine alright. Cost a bit though. 300 or so each.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Sm0ke

i have loads of those gems grand common greater etc. does it matter which they are as long as they're soul gems?

also if i want to become a vamp again will i be able to or is there no chance after i change back?!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

once your cured, your cured for good. The game seems open endined, but its a fact that becoming a vampire is a must-happen occurance no matter what, you will become a vampire at some stage, even if you cure yourself when bitten, you will go asleep, and wake up a vampire.

even if you cure yourself when bitten, you will go asleep, and wake up a vampire.

No you don't.... :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Vampirism is a disease, use a cure disease potion and your sorted. Healing wont stop it. Or be a wood elf, whose resist disease ability means its very unlikely youll be infected in the first place - or at least I never have been despite fighting a fair few of them. Its very hard to become a vampire by accident, so long as you can find your way to a shop selling cure disease potions.

Ive heard of people sleeping in some areas and getting "dreams" of being bitten/infected. Never happened to me, but if you see garlic hanging over an abandoned camp site , Id take it as a bad sign.

Sand wrote:
    Ive heard of people sleeping in some areas and getting "dreams" of being bitten/infected. Never happened to me, but if you see garlic hanging over an abandoned camp site , Id take it as a bad sign.

I heard someone talking about a quest, I havn't done it myself, but it involves staying at some Count's fort over night and when you wake up you've been infected.

Or something. I may have dreamed it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Zillah wrote:
    Once you have them in your inventory, don't capture any souls or they might be wasted. You cannot empty gems once they're full.
    That's good advice, I already had 5 of them starting this but 2 of them had a small charge, I was new to the whole soul-capturing thing so I thought I could just empty them into my enchanted sword, only to find out I then only had 3 grand soul gems. Having already raided all the mages guilds it took a while to find the another two.

Zillah wrote:
    I heard someone talking about a quest, I havn't done it myself, but it involves staying at some Count's fort over night and when you wake up you've been infected.

Or something. I may have dreamed it.

Probably Count Skingrad, is it? It also sounds like your man from the Dark Brotherhood.

From the tone of the story, it was neither. But this is second hand information so I don't know.

Probably Count Skingrad, is it? It also sounds like your man from the Dark Brotherhood.

Dark Brotherhood is so cool, love their missions

• Advertisement

something is wrong with this thread, I cant view the second page

I blame that crap Mod round these parts.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Thats how i got mine alright. Cost a bit though. 300 or so each.
    What kind of crap thief are you?
    :)

Zillah wrote:
    I blame that crap Mod round these parts.

well i am only a Hmod, not even a real mod to be honest

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Vegeta wrote:
    well i am only a Hmod, not even a real mod to be honest
    Careful now!
    We get enough discrimination as it is without our own kind doing it. :)

Careful now!
    We get enough discrimination as it is without our own kind doing it. :)

I know i know but i just want that 4th star damn it

Give me one of yours, go on. I can masquerade and infiltrate the mod forum. I have illusion +5!

Give me one of yours, go on. I can masquerade and infiltrate the mod forum. I have illusion +5!

is that true, is there actually a mod forum

Yes, there is a hmod one too, albeit quiet.
    Bottom right of page, go to forum jump, hosted moderator forum. Let the orgies commence. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

No you don't.... :confused:

Yes you do, eventually. It's built into the game, you MUST become a vampire at some stage, so even if you keep curing yourself, one day you will wake up a vampire, after been bitten in your sleep.

Advertisement