Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grand Soul Gems

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Is that not dependent on where you sleep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Is that not dependent on where you sleep?

Dont think so, it's built into the game like, you cant complete the game without becoming a vampire, for the obvious quest reasons.

Which quest? The main quest?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Made you look, funky...

Touché mister Aldarion, touché.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I'm just back from a weeks holiday abroad and am so happy to see all the little posts in here. Also as its now the summer I can play more of this game. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Dont think so, it's built into the game like, you cant complete the game without becoming a vampire, for the obvious quest reasons.

Just to cut through potential crap here: Are you in fact making stuff up? What are you basing this on? Are you actually just making wild assumptions?

Zillah wrote:
    Just to cut through potential crap here: Are you in fact making stuff up? What are you basing this on?

What? you think you have a choice in regard to becoming a vampire? you dont, it's that simple its part of the game. Therefore it will eventually happen. I didnt wanna become a vampire, so refused the offer to become one, cured myself after every contraction of the disease, and yet when I woke up, oh look I was bitten during my sleep now I am a vampire. :rolleyes: It's part of the game, and it's quite a heafty quest to get a cure, and the game wouldn't allow you not to do it/miss it.

You're just repeating yourself. Do you know this for a fact or are you just presuming based on your own experience?

Yeah Zillah is right you don't have to become a vampire to finish the main quest

• Advertisement

Technically I didn't say that... I just found unlikely and wanted to know where he got it from.

His ass apparently... :D

ok then i am right and you don't have to become a vampire :D

I didnt mean to say you "cant" complete the game, and sorry for that confusion, but becoming a vampire being an important part, It is impossible to avoid it is what I meant*

ooooh that's a different thing altogether, sorry for the mix up sometimes i read what i want to see

What obvious quest reasons?

Zillah wrote:
    What obvious quest reasons?

Because the quest is there to be done, and it's not one you have a choice in like talking to someone, and deciding it's time to do that quest. :rolleyes: You cant decide weather or not you wanna be one. And even if you say no to the dark brotherhood guy, you will eventually contract it, not have a cure at the time. Or just wake up after a quick rest and BOOM vampirism added baby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,592 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Because the quest is there to be done, and it's not one you have a choice in like talking to someone, and deciding it's time to do that quest. You cant decide weather or not you wanna be one. And even if you say no to the dark brotherhood guy, you will eventually contract it, not have a cure at the time. Or just wake up after a quick rest and BOOM vampirism added baby.

Its a disease, with a decent resist disease ability (i.e. Wood Elf) youll almost never catch it, especially if youre an archer. If you do, all you do is go to an alchemist and buy a cure disease potion and/or cast cure disease. Its only triggered on the 3rd day when you sleep. Dont sleep/rest before you get the potion and itll never go all the way.

As for getting bitten in the night with Vampirism automatically added - try something out for me. Reload the save game to before you slept and got bitten in the night. Then sleep. Youll get vampirism. Reload again. Try again. Youll get it again. In fact, every single time you reload that "prior" save and sleep youll get vampirism...

Now reload and cast Cure Disease, drink a potion, eat a mandrake root or get blessed at a shrine. Then sleep. You wont get vampirism, even in the very same bedroll.

The explanation is simple - players who report getting bitten in the night didnt realise they had been infected already. They went about for 3 days. Slept, "suddenly" becoming a vampire and because they hadnt realised they were infected they decided they had been bitten in the night.

You can only become a vampire by choice or carelessness. Its perfectly avoidable and far from inevitable.

Or just wake up after a quick rest and BOOM vampirism added baby.
    Sand wrote:
    The explanation is simple - players who report getting bitten in the night didnt realise they had been infected already. They went about for 3 days. Slept, "suddenly" becoming a vampire and because they hadnt realised they were infected they decided they had been bitten in the night.

Oooh, now I get what people are talking about. Yeah they're just not paying attention.

You mightn't notice but if you're fighting a vampire it might pop up saying "You have been infected with blah blah".

Zillah wrote:

You mightn't notice but if you're fighting a vampire it might pop up saying "You have been infected with blah blah".

I made sure I noticed every time, and ALWAYS had a cure :rolleyes: If I had the want or patience, I'd restart the game, record the whole damn thing from start to finish, to prove my point. I honestly cant see a way of avoiding the vampire quest, even with the speicies that cant catch it as easy, will wake up some day with it.

Where and when did this happen to you? Was it part of a quest?

• Advertisement

I made sure I noticed every time, and ALWAYS had a cure :rolleyes: If I had the want or patience, I'd restart the game, record the whole damn thing from start to finish, to prove my point. I honestly cant see a way of avoiding the vampire quest, even with the speicies that cant catch it as easy, will wake up some day with it.

Dude, either you're doing it wrong or your game is buggy. Cure Disease works.

you don't have to become a vampire...end of story. BUT if there's a quest that requires you to be a vampire then obviously you need to be a vampire for that quest, I know of no such quest though.

Seriously Irish Grumpy if everyone else here hasn't had this problem, which do you think is more likely
    a) we all played the game and luckily managed to not become a vampire unless we wanted to
    or
    b) you have had the misfortune of not spotting you had the disease

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

yeah i kept forgetting to cure myself and woke a good few times with vampirism and went back to a previous save and cured myself, its that easy and avoidable, when you get Haemoraphalia or whatever its called cure yourself within 3 days

Zillah wrote:
    Dude, either you're doing it wrong or your game is buggy. Cure Disease works.

I'm not saying cure disease doesnt work man! Im just saying I woke up as a vampire, after avoiding the disease entirley throughout the whole game. I didnt wanna become one, but did anyway.

I'm not saying cure disease doesnt work man! Im just saying I woke up as a vampire, after avoiding the disease entirley throughout the whole game. I didnt wanna become one, but did anyway.

Have you ever heard of Occams Razor? It states that the most likely solution is usually the correct solution. Lets try it now.

You became a vampire. Which is more likely: Everyone else is wrong and you will definately become a vampire when you don't want to, OR, you got the diesease and you didn't notice until it was too late?

EDIT: And there are certain events where you can wake up with the diease, but it will still take three days.

Maybe if I have the time (I wont) I will play through the game again, from start to finish, and record it as proof :p

Maybe if I have the time (I wont) I will play through the game again, from start to finish, and record it as proof :p

it wouldn't take that long would it, could you not just start a new game and go straight to that area where this took place. The game is level scaled so you could kill everything and record it.

You may have discovered a bug, where if carrying a certain item or in a certain place wearing certain armor you cannot stop vampirism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

i did read on the official forum whereby someone became a Vampire instantly which was a bug

Zillah wrote:
    Dude, either you're doing it wrong or your game is buggy.

• Advertisement

superfly wrote:
    i did read on the official forum whereby someone became a Vampire instantly which was a bug

Hate that. :p

Advertisement