Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Replacement!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Sangre wrote:
    How can she come back if shes banned?

the funny thing is he'll do it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Not sure if that is decided yet. Sangre said there's a chance he'll be staying. Either way the admins have chosen.

*shrugs*
    Yeah. Actually applying for masters in Trinity and UCD. Sure...its not like I can hang out on their forum anyway.

Our new mod's BIKI page

Sangre

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

i'll be a nasty PhD student next year.... they could have gone for Irlrobins, then the nerds like me would be safe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Red Alert wrote:
    they could have gone for Irlrobins, then the nerds like me would be safe!
    Explain this logic?

• Advertisement

Actually I know this entire topic isnt open for debate and admins decision is final and posters dont have a say , I accept this but my two cents would include a hands up for irl. Sangre's posting style has changed recently (for the most part) but I always assumed , from my early encounters with him that he was a troll akin to Bubbles.

Ah sure Firespinner for Mod 2008/2009!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Hang on a sec now...this is a joke right? RIGHT?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

No Blondie, not a joke.

As for irlrobins.....is he a student?

i am! i have the student card to back it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

No Blondie, not a joke.

Student/old fogy.

• Advertisement

He will be here forever and isnt he a PHD? I dunno. And hey, Sangre prob wont be here next year!

Still think a bit of this is a joke but Truckle isnt the type to joke about anything so I guess its the truth. Im going to bed and to have nightmares about this.

Coolas, well unfortunately the decision was made based on who we thought would be best at whipping the forum into shape.

Certain people who came up were deemed to be too soft (sorry robin! :o ) and as there is a prevalent 'clique' element to the forum at the moment we needed someone who wasn't involved in that.

Certain people who came up were deemed to be too soft (sorry robin! :o )
    Where's the crying emoticon when u need it! :mad:

:p

Coolas, well unfortunately the decision was made based on who we thought would be best at whipping the forum into shape.

Certain people who came up were deemed to be too soft (sorry robin! :o ) and as there is a prevalent 'clique' element to the forum at the moment we needed someone who wasn't involved in that.

Sounds like the reasons for voting Hilter into power . Grimes awaits / is experiencing Sangre's enabling law

Certain people who came up were deemed to be too soft (sorry robin! :o )

Erectile dysfunction is nothing to be ashamed of.

Grimes wrote:
    Sounds like the reasons for voting Hilter into power . Grimes awaits / is experiencing Sangre's enabling law

Exaggerate much? :rolleyes:

At the end of the day Grimes, this forum is one step away from being a Cuckoo's Nest, and there have been complaints.

You all clearly don't respond to anything I have to say as mod so it was decided to bring in someone a little less leniant in terms of bannings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I nominate myself for the level of spamming that's led to his appointment!...

well if that's the criteria....*jumps on the banned wagon*

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That's patently unfunny Pythia. And off topic.

Congrats to Sangre. (Although the place will be missing something special without Peacheh.)

Blush_01 wrote:
    That's patently unfunny Pythia. And off topic.

Congrats to Sangre. (Although the place will be missing something special without Peacheh.)

Uh oh.
    Not feeling the love from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Grimes wrote:

You basically just called another user hitler....

This isnt that far a cry from what you got banned for the last time. cop the **** on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

but...but you could have just picked Red Alert or someone...it didn't have to be like this :(

Pythia get it back on topic.

Blondie: there was much discussion over this and it wasn't just up to myself and Truckle.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

We will miss you peachy!

Welcome Sangre.

Habemus Moderatam!
    "Speech! Speech!" howled the crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Surely it doesnt matter who the Mod is as long as ev1 is complying with the rules!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

p_larkin99 wrote:
    Surely it doesnt matter who the Mod is as long as ev1 is complying with the rules!?
    Well, I guess if that was the case then there'd be no mods at all would there? Bit of a surprising choice, tbph, but I'm not one to dismiss before it happens. All the best to him I say.

Oh, and meowCat, that's damn funny. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭BKtje

but who mods the mods? ;)

I dont think i'd ever have personally considerd you for mod material sangre (the bubbles reference does indeed seem apt) but heres hoping you can proove me (and a lot others here )wrong. I will now however have to eat my hat as this was what i said i'd do if you got moderator. O well, pass the mayo please.

Anyways congrats on the position (if congrats is the right word).

Thanks again Steph for all the work and effort you put in.
    you may vote democrat, but deep down you know you need a hardline republican to RULE YOU LIKE THEY SHOULD
    isnt this "rule you like a king?" or have the simpsons corrupted my mind? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I'm quite surprised actually (again with the Bubbles reference)... but here's hoping he can do a good job! The only thing I'll say is that would it have been a better idea to have a definite continuing student?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

why does no one else think this is some sort of joke.......if it is its not a very funny one by the way!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Heh, I have to say the current setup are pretty quick to pick up on spam accounts though;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I presume being banned should discount you from being a mod. You can't enforce the rules if you openly flout them.

It's a popular cookoo's nest - nothing wrong with that. Why/when did gandalf pop up as being a mod?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement