Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod Replacement!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

He's the category mod. So is a mod by default.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Ah right. he appeared, modded and left and it never occured to me to see if was a Cmod. Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

Like Ive been saying since the start Sangre is the perfect mod, polite, reasonable, tolerant; these are all the wrong qualities to have in a position of authority.

As it says in my forthcoming election manifesto
    ...What UCDSU needs is the a ruthless Machiavellian president...

Just replace SU with board and president with mod. I am seriously considering running for president and that line will appear in any such manifesto :)

btw if you want serious input, irlrobins ftw. I think his award for most helpful poster pretty much sums up the collective feelings of the regular posters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

tintinr35 wrote:
    why does no one else think this is some sort of joke.......if it is its not a very funny one by the way!!!

Thats what I'm thinking. I'm quite worried that alot of people here actually believe that anyone could be that incredibly naive to put Sangre in the mods chair. I hate April fool pranks that are over a month late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

IMO, if it's what the admins have approved, it's what's going to happen. Boards isn't a democrary you know! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

But peachy's leaving ucd ... it only makes sense that somebody else take over ...
    Possibly she didn't have time to request a change officially given exams and whatnot? I don't know the ins and outs of changing mods though. But as peachy has consistently stated over the past week/ longer how annoyed she is with how the forums's been going, and that it's definitely not a joke, I'd say it's the way it going to be. Doesn't really bother me either way tbh. Also, crash said it's been announced on the mods forum.

Oh and congrats Sangre! Best of luck in the modding future peachy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

I haven't actually been here all that long, so I can only really speak from what he has done recently. I definitely agree that he would kill off the spammy stuff, with plenty of bannings. He seems grand in all of the serious threads, and puts up decent arguments aswell, but he also seems to have some err...interesting comments
    Sangre wrote:
    Face it Pythia, you're a minger.
    and this one
    Sangre wrote:
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes?
    Nothing, you've already told her twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Great appointment of the new mod if you ask me. This should be entertaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

so first I thought it was a joke but now ive come round to the idea and I have to admit I kinda like it:) Ive always liked sangre as a poster and think he will do a good job. was thinking that maybe scraggs would get it but think maybe its good she didnt as she's just too nice (a bit like peachy) for all the laying down the law moderating.
    Saying that, Peachy did a great job.I know it was tough at times but the UCD boards have grown massively since you became a mod so kudos to you!!

So,sangre as mod and kaptainredeye for president......should make for an intresting year next year,am anticipating it already......:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

I'll wait to see how it goes, I've never had a problem with Sangre so I hope it does all work out fine. Best of luck with the job to him and all that.

Really thought it would've gone to Robin though. *consoling hug for Robin*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

*Zombie like brain washed voice*

Congratulations to Sangre, Peachy you have been amazing, Truckle thanks for deleating my post

Hehe, there's a conspiracy, several posts are missing!
    [edit] tintinr got there first, although I wonder if these two posts will be deleted aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

elmyra wrote:
    Really thought it would've gone to Robin though. *consoling hug
    for Robin*
    Ah! You guys! :o

Kudos to Peachy! We'll miss ya!

might i just also add that if indeed a change is taking place, the Ucd forum is one of the busiest forums on Boards.ie and maybe its time that a non student mod's it just to prevent the whole clique thing emerging and oh i wont ban u cause ur in my class or cause i know u etc etc (im not saying this is the case at the moment)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

panda100 wrote:
    was thinking that maybe scraggs would get it but think maybe its good she didnt as she's just too nice (a bit like peachy) for all the laying down the law moderating.
    Muahahaha its all an illusion, I'm not one bit nice, I'm just waiting for ye to let yer guard down...then I'll swoop in and make my attack!

Congrats to Sangre he seems to be a nice guy behind it all and should make a good fair mod!

[betcha I'll be banned the first day under his rule!]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

tintinr35 wrote:
    might i just also add that if indeed a change is taking place, the Ucd forum is one of the busiest forums on Boards.ie and maybe its time that a non student mod's it just to prevent the whole clique thing emerging and oh i wont ban u cause ur in my class or cause i know u etc etc (im not saying this is the case at the moment)

That was a big issue when we were making the decision. I wouldn't consider myself to be in any clique and although I do know a lot of the posters in person that hasn't stopped me banning them when necessary. :)

However, having a non-student isn't really the done thing on college boards and to be honest I think it's better to have someone that is still in the college to be the mod. They'll be more in touch with whats happening in the college. Truckle asked me to stay on but it's better to have a UCD student.
    (Although I'm guessing your beers will be shit :p)

That was a big issue when we were making the decision. I wouldn't consider myself to be in any clique and although I do know a lot of the posters in person that hasn't stopped me banning them when necessary. :)

However, having a non-student isn't really the done thing on college boards and to be honest I think it's better to have someone that is still in the college to be the mod. They'll be more in touch with whats happening in the college. Truckle asked me to stay on but it's better to have a UCD student.
    Well if your looking for an alcoholic to take over then I throw my own name into the ring :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

but this isn't going to work - not that Sangre won't make a good mod because he probably will, but who is going to take his place? Like I explained at last years boards awards every community needs a bad guy/rebel/non-confirmist to stir stuff up. Sangre was perfect for all that, but now if he's a mod he'll be good....and then where will we be?

Well firespinner beat him for the best troll award so maybe he could do it? :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

heh, i could move in and fill the sangre void.... hehhe

well i didnt mean to imply u hadnt been doing ur job or anything and TBH its prob a good thing that (if sangre is really being made mod) that he or whoever gets it should not be someone everyone knows, just to make it a little more impartial....

well i suppose i see your point here but maybe a college student with a level of maturity slightly higer a new born baby not talking about anyone in particular!S!!A!!N!!G!!R!!E:eek: ;):D

tintinr35 wrote:
    well i suppose i see your point here but maybe a college student with a level of maturity slightly higer a new born baby not talking about anyone in particular!S!!A!!N!!G!!R!!E:eek: ;):D
    Looking back, he has definitely grown up a lot since ~2004.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

a mod with a sense of humour... this could be dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

I hope he doesn't become all sensible, other than that this should be good:)

mloc wrote:
    a mod with a sense of humour... this could be dangerous

ROFFLE

Be sure to fight tha powa!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭mloc

ROFFLE

Be sure to fight tha powa!

Oh, I shall miss our vibrantly contrasting differences of opinions!

mloc wrote:
    Oh, I shall miss our vibrantly contrasting differences of opinions!

Awww still smarting from your much-deserved ban. *pets* poor chicken.

Such a shame you never did get your right-wing forum.

:)

**EDIT**

Right well I'm surprised that so many of you actually fell for that, and lets face it, a lot of you did!

Your new mod has been chosen and we'll recommend it to the admins as soon as possible.
    I think we'll leave it as a surprise though :p
    You'll find out after the 22nd of May.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Grimes wrote:
    Ah sure Firespinner for Mod 2008/2009!
    Thank you! *promises peerage*

Seriously though I am sad that Peachy (or as I never dared call her - Peaches) is leaving. Even when she was (metaphorically) spanking you, you felt the love - that bitter, stinging love. Even when you were banned she always took the time to PM you why. *sigh* There will be an empty space in the Porterhouse of my soul.

Still if Sangre can be redeamed then I probably can. But, do I want to be.

PS: Good to see Truckle up and about. I always enjoy his rare posts.

EDIT: Damn! It was a trick! I guess I am doomed to wander these boards as a troll forever. There is no redemption! *Sob*

• Advertisement

Seriously though I am sad that Peachy (or as I never dared call her - Peaches) is leaving. Even when she was (metaphorically) spanking you, you felt the love - that bitter, stinging love. Even when you were banned she always took the time to PM you why. *sigh* There will be an empty space in the Porterhouse of my soul.

Awww bless. Thank you Stephen. (Oh and if you ever call me peaches I'll kick your ass :p)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement