Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good business books/authors

Options
  • 09-05-2006 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into doing a bit more reading as I am going to have to start doing a lot more travelling in my job and I'm wondering is there any good business books out there or particular authors that are worth while.

Main areas of interest for me would be I suppose: financial management and forecasting and property economics. But I'm open to all sorts once it's a good read.

Any suggestions most welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭model

Probably not the answer you were looking for, but if you're in town head into HF on Dawson Street and go to the top floor. Plenty of good business books there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

This is a great little book. I used it in college last year, and I found it to be as clear and as succinct a business book as you'll find.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I read quite a few business books, I find brousing Amazon the best way to find good ones and you'll have plenty of time in Airports to flick though the ones on the shelves and see what is good. When on Amazon look through the catagories, the bestsellers and the ones that have lots of good reviews.

Here are a few examples you might find interesting:

Robert Kiyosaki - Rich Dad Poor Dad series
    The science of getting Rich
    Think and grow rich
    The richest man in Bablyon
    Who moved my Cheese
    The "One Minute Manager" series
    NLP - Neuro-Linguistic Programming
    The Rules of Work - The Rules of Management - The Rules of Life
    The Millionaire Next Door
    Freakonomics
    Loosing my Virginity - Richard Branson
    The Art of War - Sun Tzu
    The 22 Immutable Laws of Marketing
    How to Win Friends and Influence People - Dale Carnegie

Also check the Best Sellers list:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/booklists/hot-25/-/68/ref=br_b_ts_mor/203-0983020-1456768
    and look through the "Customers who bought this item also bought" and "Explore Similar Items". I find that Amazon.com often has better reviews that Amazon.co.uk

Advertisement