Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would u do?

Options
  • 10-05-2006 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

I have lived in a house for the past 4 months and am moving basically. The guy I got on with moved out and I have hardly spoken the the other 2(including the landlord) since I moved in. Basically they are not intersted in knowing me and for one thing the landlord changed from being very interested in me when I was thinking of moving to, to not giving a damn when I handed over the cash.

I have been paying cash in hand because he is declaring no tax (deposit was also cash in hand). He has in the last week decided that we all have to pay a certain amount for bills but he has difficulty producing these bills when I ask him. It has taken him over 3 and a half months to do so and now is pressurising me into paying them quickly.

He also wants me to pay the last month's rent. I am very unsure whether I will get the deposit back (he is suddenly being nice for tonite). I am seriously thinking of leaving him some money for the bills but bailing out. It looks more hassle then it is worth and I don't trust the people in the house. Just asking people's opinions on this,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

janullrich wrote:
    I have lived in a house for the past 4 months and am moving basically. The guy I got on with moved out and I have hardly spoken the the other 2(including the landlord) since I moved in. Basically they are not intersted in knowing me and for one thing the landlord changed from being very interested in me when I was thinking of moving to, to not giving a damn when I handed over the cash.

I have been paying cash in hand because he is declaring no tax (deposit was also cash in hand). He has in the last week decided that we all have to pay a certain amount for bills but he has difficulty producing these bills when I ask him. It has taken him over 3 and a half months to do so and now is pressurising me into paying them quickly.

He also wants me to pay the last month's rent. I am very unsure whether I will get the deposit back (he is suddenly being nice for tonite). I am seriously thinking of leaving him some money for the bills but bailing out. It looks more hassle then it is worth and I don't trust the people in the house. Just asking people's opinions on this,

Yeah, sounds like an awful situation. Just get the hell outa there.

Whatever about paying rent without receipts etc, but paying other people's bills without seeing the documentation is ludicrous! I'd never hand over my hard-earned to anybody without assurances that I'm only paying for my fair share no matter how 'awkward' the situation might feel or how 'friendly' the person demanding cash might be.

Advertisement