Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D'oh. I'm a n00b

Options
  • 10-05-2006 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

I'm an instance virgin at level 34. Most of the time my brother (60 Mage) has offered to walk me through, so I just stand back and collect the stuff.

Went into SM. Group agreed on "Pass on BoP" before we went in. I'd never heard of it before, used to just greeding. Get to the end, and I greed both items, while everyone else passes on them :(

I offered to sell them and send on the cash, but they never answered me....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭c0rk3r

You stupid fúck!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Ninja!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WTF_L2P_n00b

Call me ignorant, but I fail to see the benefits of "Pass on BoP"?

Either need if you need, greed if you greed or decide to Disenchant.

BOP Items sell for very little gold at Vendor, and as such I would question the point in Ninja'ing them even if you were that way inclined. Ninja's ninja BOE's they can sell at AH, not crappy BOP's they can't wear or sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,585 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Either need if you need, greed if you greed or decide to Disenchant.
    No; Go by that philosophy and a lot of people are gonna hate you.

Standard practise is this: Greed everything thats BOE (maybe unless its plans), pass on all blues and everything thats BOP. One reason for this is that there is a countdown timer on the need/greed screen, and passing allows more time to decide who should get the item.

For example; if everyone greed rolls something thats BOP leather armor, when the group has no leather wearers (e.g. priest, mage, hunter, pally, warrior, all lvl40+), then that item will go to waste. Instead, assuming the group has a disenchanter, let them take the loot, disenchant it and have everybody greed roll the shard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭WTF_L2P_n00b

No; Go by that philosophy and a lot of people are gonna hate you.

Standard practise is this: Greed everything thats BOE (maybe unless its plans), pass on all blues and everything thats BOP. One reason for this is that there is a countdown timer on the need/greed screen, and passing allows more time to decide who should get the item.

For example; if everyone greed rolls something thats BOP leather armor, when the group has no leather wearers (e.g. priest, mage, hunter, pally, warrior, all lvl40+), then that item will go to waste. Instead, assuming the group has a disenchanter, let them take the loot, disenchant it and have everybody greed roll the shard.

Dunno what sort of Muppets you Instance with, but we tend to know if we need something in about 2 seconds.

This is a lvl 34 Instance, disenchanting is irrelevant with these low level Items.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Agree with the guy above (Best. Name. Evar. btw).

Why the hell would you pass on SM BoP? If you need it, N if not G everyones happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

In my defence, as we walked in one of the lads said to me "He has a nice staff for you", and then I plain forgot. I can use both of the items (staff and cloth armor), and unless anyone of the others (2 X Warriors, Pally and Hunter) use staves, then I probably would have been the best candidate to take them anyway. :)

I was told that pass on BoP is what you tend to do in the lvl 60 instances, but now loads of lower level people are copying this, or using the same system on their lower-level alts.

Live and learn...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Hunters need staffs for mega raptor strikes!

Seriously tho, its not as bad as when our Master Looter died on Onyxia and all the loots popped up.. a warrior greeded nearly all the loots cos he didnt know how to pass (just after the new N or G thing in one of the patches)

Queue frantic shouts of "NO ONE PASS ANYMORE, LOG OUT WARRIOR QUICK!!!!!!112"

Advertisement