Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

*comfortable silence*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

i'm probably a newbie.. hello

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Welcome all - I've been here nearly three years now (I was searching google for something martial arts related and board scame up and I never looked back!). Anyhow hope you all love the UCD forum and UCD in general :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

hello!
    Hi...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Lamia

Chakar wrote:
    Well I would qualify as a newbie with the 38 posts so far..

As would i considering my join date...:p

So hi everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I'm a relative noob too. Only been posting for a couple of months, and up until recently, everybod seemed to think I was a boy.... Not going to name names, but I will say a couple of random words; scraggs and panda.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Welcome all!!
    Dajaffa is such a lovely girl!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

is it just me or does everyone on boards go to ucd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭Villaricos

hi!
    actually only joined because of the threats from Seb but sure then i met a few of ya last day and ya all were very nice! and il be in elmyras class next year so now i know someone yaay!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Not everybody. Just lots of us.
    and... *waves to all noobs*
    I remember having to suggest on the feedback forum that they gave the UCD board a mod all those years ago... *feels old*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Juicebox

wow u were way ahead of your time...well i was just pondering seems this is a board for newbies anybody checked the no. of post most people have had on here haha a couple of thousand perhaps!! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

LAAngel wrote:
    Hi I'm new so nice to meet you all, I actually found this forum when I was looking for the name of a nightclub and search results brought me here, still haven't found that nightclub haha.:D

What post was it and what nightclub??

Hmmmm bluepencil case....intresting........

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

Not sure if I qualify for noob status (see join date), how and ever...

I am a boardsie of the "lurker" type, and I have been lurking around here since around September / October, and only recently began to make any posts... so eh.... hi :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Not sure if I qualify for noob status (see join date), how and ever...

I am a boardsie of the "lurker" type, and I have been lurking around here since around September / October, and only recently began to make any posts... so eh.... hi :p
    Hey, it's actually fun that there are so many lurkers around here, it's like having our own stalkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

Villaricos wrote:
    hi!
    actually only joined because of the threats from Seb but sure then i met a few of ya last day and ya all were very nice! and il be in elmyras class next year so now i know someone yaay!

yup! lucky you, not just everybody gets to be in my class*

*I have personal vetters called the CAO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭pantar_dubh

Blush_01 wrote:
    It has been pointed out that there's a clique-y thing going on here.

Oh, and if you're new, HELLO! We love you already. And we're really nice, honestly, so it's great that you've decided to hang out here. :)

Hi to you.:)

Hi to you.:)
    Hmm, interesting, I can't say i've ever seen anyone before who's first post was on TCN.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Hermione* wrote:
    I still feel like a newbie! Wecome fellow n00bs! :)

Yes. I feel that way too.
    Especially as blowfish just explained some clique-y thingi to me in the other thread!
    :o
    Thanks again, blowfish!
    And I really like your location statement ;) Would have used that too if you hadn't already.

I came to boards through a friend of mine, who gets mad at me every time his names slipps out, without me asking him for permission first....at least, that way, I found the delete functionality (for all other n00bs: click on edit and then you can delete your post).

However, shortly after me joining I got an unexpected and very warm welcome from another boardster, whom I hadn't known before. Don't get to see him much recently though, but just want to use this opportunity to say:
    Good luck with your exams!! And:
    Not to worry,
    not to fret,
    all is well,
    just not yet.

:)

meowCat wrote:
    And I really like your location statement ;) Would have used that too if you hadn't already.
    Why thank you*

*I stole it from someone on linuxforums.org:o

Gwan which friend was it? I'm guessing one of the other postgrads, so that narrows it down to irlrobins, cruiserweight, John_c, and probably someone else I have forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Blowfish wrote:
    Why thank you*

*I stole it from someone on linuxforums.org:o

Gwan which friend was it? I'm guessing one of the other postgrads, so that narrows it down to irlrobins, cruiserweight, John_c, and probably someone else I have forgotten.

Well, I am not allowed to say ;) Or I'd have to delete this post, too.

And not all my friends are postgrads either.
    And yes, if you are not talking about one particular school, then you forgot a few people. And if you are talking about one particular school, then I donno how many are on boards actually...

• Advertisement

meowCat wrote:
    Well, I am not allowed to say ;) Or I'd have to delete this post, too.

And not all my friends are postgrads either.
    And yes, if you are not talking about one particular school, then you forgot a few people. And if you are talking about one particular school, then I donno how many are on boards actually...
    Hehe yeah i'm in 3rd yr in said one particular school. I probably would recognise you from demonstrating or something.

Advertisement