Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bamboo Hardwood Flooring

Options
  • 10-05-2006 3:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭

Guys has anyone ever put down bamboo flooring in their homes.I have seen it in B & Q and I like the look of it.More importantly it looks like its very hard wearing.

I have checked out a few stores and have not seen it anywhere else.Does anyone know where I can buy it other than B & Q?

I was also thinking of "floating" it.Has anyone tried this with Bamboo flooring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I saw some in Woodies at some point also. Thought it looked very nice. I don't know if it was Full solid or Semi but it really looked good with the grain pattern. It was also on the cheaper end of the scale also.

Im sure it can be floated just like any other wood floor.

L,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

nereid wrote:
    I saw some in Woodies at some point also.

Yes, Woodies has it. It is solid bamboo too. €29.99m^2.

L.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

doors and floors (if your in dublin) have it too.

they're on the longmile road, out in finglas too, and in nth brunswick street in the city centre

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I like bamboo floors too. If I hadn't put the oak down a few yrs back I'd have bamboo down

• Registered Users Posts: 27,164 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

somewhat related, we bought a solid bamboo chopping board and knife block.
    Very hardwaring and a very nice looking grain...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 simp

We just bought some from a crowd in London - really nice quality - far nicer than the stuff we saw in B&Q, Door Store, etc, and the same price. Better finish too - aluminium oxide. The price was the same as the B&Q stuff (around €36 per m2) and they delivered within 48 hours of ordering, for £38. You can request a sample from their website for £1.50 delivered...
    http://www.urbaneliving.co.uk/Bam00016-22-5.htm

Advertisement