Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Launch Date Confirmed

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

With regards to following the Asian market, this is interesting too:

Japanese gamers want Wii(News)
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=65201

"A reader survey by Famitsu magazine has revealed that nearly 70 per cent of respondents are most looking forward to the arrival of the Nintendo Wii - while more than 85 per cent believe the PS3 has been priced too high."

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

yeh you beat me to it koneko..was about to post that link..interesting alright iwonder how much it will translate to real life sales tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

bd56c6b68fb6b988ddef84bf7e7a7i.jpg
    PS3 launch list?

Warhawk
    Genji 2
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Lair Order
    NBA 07
    Fight Night Round 3 (anyone know what OLC means?)
    Need for Speed: Carbon
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
    Madden 2007
    Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Can't see anything there worth spending €600+ TBH :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Retailer lists can be notoriously unreliable. Lair likely isn't a launch title anymore, neither is Motorstorm, and there are a number of games slated for launch that are not there e.g. Fatal Inertia, Singstar etc. And there'll be more announced officially between now and Nov, obviously.

And I don't think you will ever find anything worth PS3's asking price, Ciaran500 :p;) (which hopefully will start at €500, here! Please SCEE!). But seriously, most launches are like that. Launches were you have something like Halo or Mario64 on day one are the exception. That said, we don't really know how most of PS3's early games will turn out yet. I think whatever about day one, however, the first 6 months could be very special - Assassin's Creed, Heavenly Sword, Virtua Fighter 5, Motorstorm, Unreal Tournament 2007, Tekken 6, Ridge Racer 7 .. and that's just the higher profile stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

LookingFor wrote:
    And I don't think you will ever find anything worth PS3's asking price, Ciaran500 :p;)
    But I can't even see why anyone would buy one untill there is somthing "special" like Assasins Creed, Heavenly Sword or any of the big titles (MGS, DMC etc), although I thought the same at 360 launch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Ciaran500 wrote:
    But I can't even see why anyone would buy one untill there is somthing "special" like Assasins Creed, Heavenly Sword or any of the big titles (MGS, DMC etc), although I thought the same at 360 launch.

I might agree, but it's a fact that the early crowd buy systems often as much in anticipation of what's coming down the pipe as what's available right now. I've seen it remarked that Japan bought PS2 on launch day for Final Fantasy X. That's not to say there's nothing worth picking up at such launches - there usually is - but it's not unusual for bigger guns to follow later.

I mean, with the crop of potentially brilliant games likely due for Spring 07, what's the difference between buying a PS3 in November, and buying one then? Not much, you'll still pay the same price. But you'll have had a few more months with it and the first games, some of which even could be great themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Yea there's nothing out for Xbox 360 yet on the level of Assassin's Creed or MGS or Final Fantasy yet either. Didn't stop me buying one and I don't regret the purchase one bit.

I'm loving table tennis, who in their right mind this time last year would have thought people would be happily playing table tennis on their 360s right now? I've enjoyed Table Tennis, Need For Speed(I may have liked the current gen version equally well, I don't know), Oblivion, Call of Duty, GRAW and countless XBLA titles, none of which would I have thought was worth a new console, but it all adds up! Add in the media centre stuff, the ease of wireless controllers, I find it very hard going back to my PS2 and only do so for the highest quality games now, and my gamecube has been sold off because it's simply obsolete.

So I expect the same of the PS3 really, I don't know if I'll be getting one immediately but I won't be waiting too long and I expect to comfortably get my money's worth in the long run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Ciaran500 wrote:
    bd56c6b68fb6b988ddef84bf7e7a7i.jpg
    PS3 launch list?

Warhawk
    Genji 2
    Resistance: Fall of Man
    Lair Order
    NBA 07
    Fight Night Round 3 (anyone know what OLC means?)
    Need for Speed: Carbon
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007
    Madden 2007
    Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Can't see anything there worth spending €600+ TBH :/

half life 2??

anyway, that list is wrong already (as was already pointed out), but you shouldn't base a €600 investment on the first wave of titles. 360 didn't have a particularly glorious entry into the market but i still bought one, and i'm a fairly satisfied customer. same as DVD players back in the day... you didn't spend that kind of money on the films that got released at first, you bought it for future releases that'll interest you

Advertisement