Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golden Axe to return to XBox 360 & PS3

Options
  • 10-05-2006 8:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭

This use to be opne of my favourites both in the arcade and also the extended megadrive edition. I think it's going to have a RPG twist. Let's hope that they don't make a mess of it:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Is it a remake or the Orignial on Arcade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

It's an original game as far as I can tell, based on the original concept. Check out www.sega.com/e3/2006/announcements_tp.php?item=pr_20060510a for more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

AFAIK its being re-released as a free download, like Smash TV was for Xbox Live.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Golden Axe! Oh the nostalgia... Hope it's harder though, the original was piss easy IIRC.

Lemlin wrote:
    AFAIK its being re-released as a free download, like Smash TV was for Xbox Live.

Nope, it's a remake of the original. See also http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/e3story.html?sid=6150054

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Sgt. Politeness

will more than likely be sh!te, a la the final fight remake, and the altered beast remake, and the shinobi remake and etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I hope they leave in the bits were you can kick the sh*t out of the little guys in order to get magic potions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I hope they leave in the bits were you can kick the sh*t out of the little guys in order to get magic potions.

I was thinking the same thing :o I loved those little guys.

Playing it co-op was fun too, especially if you accidentally hit the other player and you ended up beating eachother up instead of the bad guys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have to pray hard for this game. Sega have been awful lately with their updates. Altered Beast was awful but at least it wasn't exactly based on a classic. Shinobi however was a sin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

koneko wrote:
    Golden Axe! Oh the nostalgia... Hope it's harder though, the original was piss easy IIRC.
    Death Adder could be pretty tough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Crucifix wrote:
    Death Adder could be pretty tough

You mean Death Bringer? Death Adder was the pansy before him. Death Bringer had the invincible skeleton assistants. He was easy enough if you could keep the Skeletons off your back. Going for the A+++ was always fun, especially when you had a mate on the second controller. Tremendous co-op fun.

Death Brinnger was only in the Magedrive version of the game. The arcade version ended when you beat Death Adder (no invincible skeletons to deal with in that one).

Yeah, this could go either way. Shinobi ranks as my favourite game of all time but I've never been tempted to play the PS2 version (I finished with Shinobi 3 on the Megadrive). Let's hope the same won't be said of golden axe!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Steven wrote:
    You mean Death Bringer?
    Uh...whichever one could use your magic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Vyse wrote:
    Yeah, this could go either way. Shinobi ranks as my favourite game of all time but I've never been tempted to play the PS2 version (I finished with Shinobi 3 on the Megadrive). Let's hope the same won't be said of golden axe!

There were two "Golden Axe" sequels, and they were poor at the time but unbearable now. It's best to not hold too much hope for reworkings of classic games, as few things can compete with nostalgia.

Advertisement