Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryder Cup Tickets

• 10-05-2006 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I had a few family members apply for me for Rydaer Cup tickets, and now have a number for Friday and Saturday. What is the story with changing the names on the tickets to my own. Do they have an option to change names when the tickets are to be distributed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭denachoman

I was at the Belfry in 2002. Got my ticket through the same system as they operated for this year's event. I had to give passport details when applying same as it is for this year. There was no name on my ticket and I was not asked for ID at any stage at the Belfry.

Do you honestly think they are going to ID 20,000 plus people on their way into the K club to see if they are the original ticket purchasers? The reason they ask for Passport details at the application stage is as a security precaution.

The only thing they might check is for an age ID if you are using an OAP or a juvenile ticket.

I know people selling tickets on Ebay have been contacted to say that the tickets are non-transferable and may have had their applications cancelled but such blatant abuse was always going to attract attention from the ticket distributors. As long as you have a physical ticket (any ticket) in your hand come September you're going to get in. Can't wait.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

I have a feeling that people will be ID'd on the way in. Have a few contacts who tell me that its a big thing and efforts will be made to check as many tickets as possible.

S

Advertisement