Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quark Xpress to PDF

Options
  • 10-05-2006 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I'm trying to put together a zine and I am having a bit of trouble

Can someone tell me how to export PDFs from Quark Xpress. It tells me a PostScript printer must be set up but I don't know what that means.

I also tried saving it as an EPS to open in illustrator and export the PDF from there but illustrator couldn't read the file

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

If you are using a Mac with OS X you can print to pdf using the print function as opposed to export.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Its the PC version

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Try downloading some drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

also if you have adobe acrobat pro theres a program called distiller,
    save the quark doc as an eps
    then open distiller
    find the quark eps and drag it into distiller,
    and a pdf of your files will be created where the eps was saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

Open the quark document. Click on the file menu bar and go down to Page set up. Change the printer to ADOBE PDF ¨check set up is at Adobe PDF. Make sure no other printer is selected. Then press the print button. This will ask you where to save your PDF.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

I don't know about pc version, but mac version has export to Pdf File > Export

Advertisement