Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water piping

Options
  • 10-05-2006 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be replacing my water pipe (mains from road into the house) as it's currently lead. I was wondering if anyone knows what type of pipe I should buy to replace the lead one and if it's expensive. Also, if the right-angled connections are expensive.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The pipe you should use is Heavy Guage Hydrodare. It's plastic and it's black in colour. It's not that expensive. You get it from plumber suppliers like Arcon, Davies, PH Ross, Dublin Providers, Hevac.

It's about €1 per meter for ½" and twice that for 1". Bends for it aren't that expensive. A couple of euro each, depending on size of course.

If you get it in the likes of Woodies and B&Q expect to pay a hell of a lot more.

Advertisement