Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mapping services for Ireland

Options
  • 10-05-2006 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭

Just wonder if people had successfully implemented road/street level mapping for their websites for Ireland? I've worked with google maps and it's great, but only for large towns/cities. The information provided by multimap.com for example is far more along the lines of want I'd like.

On a legality issue, is the hotlinking of multimap content against t&c's?

M-3640Y26960S200W500H300.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I would say that hotlinking to MultiMaps' content is against their Terms and Conditions. I see that they do offer a free mapping service which seems to be supported by banner ads, and there is also a fee based service which you can customise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

On a legality issue, is the hotlinking of multimap content against t&c's?

what? you couldnt be arsed reading them yourself?

http://www.multimap.com/static/condit_new.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Ph3n0m wrote:
    what? you couldnt be arsed reading them yourself?

http://www.multimap.com/static/condit_new.htm

Yes I could, and did. But what constitutes "distribution" of content is what I wanted to work out. Look at blogs, regularly hotlinking and using other resources bandwidth. But this is a secondary conversation to what I was really after.

steve-hosting that's grand for metropolitan areas where satellite coverage is complete, but doesn't cut it for rural/smaller towns. I guess what I want is multimaps "googleised".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

You could check with the OSI they have alot of digital maps for places you wouldnt think they would have.

• Advertisement
Advertisement