Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get to UCD?

Options
  • 10-05-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭

Ok can anyone tell me the easiest way to get from Four Courts to UCD on a moped? Finish work at 5.30 today and have to get to UCD by 6 for some film thingy for a friend who's out there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I suggest:

- go up to Stephens' Green
    - down Leeson St
    - keep going straight, over the canal, straight on through Donnybrook
    - keep straight again... eventually you'll approach the flyover with the main entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the flyover will by the flyover just after you pass RTÉ (big mast outside it)

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Keedowah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,755 ✭✭✭elmyra

vehicles under 50cc not allowed on dual carriageway, no?

If this is the case, then at Donnybrook take the right turn for Ranelagh, go straight through it and eventually you're up at the Clonskeagh back entrance, beside the AIB bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I don't drive, but I'd imagine that's motorways you're thinking of, dear! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Yep. mopeds are ok on the N11

Yup, I know 'bout motorways, I just thought duallers too, could easily be wrong, I am a mere woman!

I've never seen a moped on the dualler though.

Edit: Ah, Robin has spoken. *hangs head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

elmyra wrote:
    Yup, I know 'bout motorways, I just thought duallers too, could easily be wrong, I am a mere woman!

I've never seen a moped on the dualler though.

Edit: Ah, Robin has spoken. *hangs head in shame*

I think someone's taken a fancy to Robin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

I suggest:

- go up to Stephens' Green
    - down Leeson St
    You can't go from Stephen's Green on to Leeson street unless you're a bus, as far as i know.

• Advertisement

Well, I guess you could do the slightly more awkward thing and go down Baggot St instead, turn right at Waterloo Rd, which will bring you back to Morehampton Rd/Donnybrook anyway...

*edit: yeah, this is the 10 bus route, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

You can defenitely go down the Stillorgan Dual-Carrigeway on a moped - I've done it on the back of one quite a few times when i was younger!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Ok i'm gonna mix all that advice together and try arrive in one piece, moped are fine on any roads except motorways.

I look forward to visiting your fine establishment.

Right, then if all of the above is to be mixed:

- to the Green
    - down Baggot St
    - turn right onto Waterloo Rd and then left onto Morehampton Rd
    - keep going straight, you'll hit the dualler
    - eventually you reach the UCD flyover.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Duallers are just a wide road - not a motorway. Ride on!

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

Pythia wrote:
    I think someone's taken a fancy to Robin!

Let her.
    And why would you care? You just attested him a certain delicate dysfunction in the other thread there anways ;):p

EDIT: sorry for off-topic remark!

Anyways, 6th, I think you're best off taking the bus out to ucd and back. It's on the QBC, so you should have no problems getting out and coming back later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

You can't go from Stephen's Green on to Leeson street unless you're a bus, as far as i know.
    or if your on a bicycle, in which case road signs and street markings dont apply to you.

Why anyone would want to be a bus or a bicycle is beyond me. I like being a person!

On an aside, I hate cyclists :(

why? because we arnt polluting the environment to within an inch of its life?

ferdi wrote:
    why? because we arnt polluting the environment to within an inch of its life?

No because they scare the bejesus out of me. They always lean on the car when you're stopped at the lights and then you're afraid to move off incase ya hurt them. They also have a tendancy to not signal when they're turning, which is weird, considering it makes it a tad less perilous...

• Advertisement

yes there are some bogie cyclists but mostly i think we give back what we get from motorists, ie: abuse.

I never abuse ye, I respect that you take crap from motorists, but tis the few that ruin it for the many as usual.

/me hearts the 46A and the QBC

/me doesn't heart the bike he fell off last November outside O'Reilly Hall and hasn't ridden since

/me hearts the 46A and the QBC

/me doesn't heart the bike he fell off last November outside O'Reilly Hall and hasn't ridden since

awww! poor Gav! *hug*

my dirty little secret is that i don't know how to cycle

/me finds the easiest way, in these circumstances, is to walk to college. There you go.

Anyway, I wonder if the OP got here in time...

who cares if you cant cycle, you have a car:D

ferdi wrote:
    who cares if you cant cycle, you have a car:D

mmmm, bikes don't require petrol though! meh, i'd like to be able to but i've no balance and a knee problem that means it hurts a lot to turn the pedals....sob.

elmyra wrote:
    mmmm, bikes don't require petrol though!
    or tax or insurance or oil or water or NCT

ferdi wrote:
    or tax or insurance or oil or water or NCT

or paying for a theory test and licence so ya can use em. Yep, bicycles all the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

i don't know what i'd do without my bicycle.

Advertisement