Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tascam 246

• 10-05-2006 11:57am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29

Hi there, I have an old "Tascam 246" 4track recorder. I recently plugged it in only to find that the counter display (digital) is off and the tape control buttons as well as the motorised tape functions don't work. I opened up the back and all the belts are intact and in good condition, the fuses are ok. Does anyone know of a repair centre or somilar that I can bring it to, to get it fixed.
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I love this old machine....

Thanks in advance,

Des

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

There used to be a place on Capel Street that repaired most electronic things. I don't know if it's still there but it was at the Bolton Street end. I had some old stuff repaired there successfully a few years back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29 Mr.Mond

Thanks for that Crosstownk, next time I'm in town I'll drop in to check it out. I think the problem has to be something simple, although I can't see it myself. One of the good things about these old machines is you can generally sort it out if "you know what you're doing or what to look for"! Pity no-one seems to know of anywhere to bring it, search's on the web turn up good comments as "a well respected machine" and "still used by artists on the move" etc.

Cheers

Des

Advertisement