Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for Champs. League Final

Options
  • 10-05-2006 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey,
    not been in dublin too long and am looking for a good spot to watch the Arsenal V Barca match. Needs to have nice big tvs and good atmosphere (and of course easy bar access!). Was thinking about the Barge or the Bleeding Horse. Any other suggestions? cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

i, a liverpool fan, last year went to major toms under stephens green shopping centre. seeing as they won, it made the nite better but if liverpool were in the final again, i'd go there again. it has two huge projector screens either end of the bar and a few smaller tele's around the bar. the atmosphere last year was un-real. well, not when liverpool were conceding the first, second and third goals. after that...well it was amazing.

it depends what ur looking for. if ur a arsenal/barca fan then i'd suggest sticking with your own. dunno where arsenal fans are going but i reckon barca fans will be in frasiers a top of o'connell street. i'd say the bleeding horse would be good. won't be too packed.

if your looking for somewhere where you can hear the commentary then any smaller pub in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭john_g83

Cheers for that, I am an arsenal fan. I was working in a pub back home in galway for the liverpool final and the atmosphere was un real as well. I know there are not as many gunners around but I figuer there might be somewhere that there will be a good few gooners. Any how the search continues....

ah they'll all be out that nite. i dunno where to go. with liverpool i guessed they'd follow the big screens.

maybe arsenal will follow suit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

There are pubs on Westmoreland Street, can't remeber which one it is now, but there are weekly Arsenal meetings there, and loads of Arsenal fans meet up and watch the games. Also out in the suburbs, the Submarine is a great place to watch any match. I myself will be in the Belgard. Been watching all the Arsenal games up there, and I feel if i dont watch it up there, they might lose. So i'll be in me seat cheering on hopefully our first European Cup.

Roddy23 wrote:
    Been watching all the Arsenal games up there, and I feel if i dont watch it up there, they might lose. So i'll be in me seat cheering on hopefully our first European Cup.

i had the same superstitions about liverpool last year. well kinda! i honestly thought we had a chance of winning it early on. looking back, i dont know why. i thought about a bet when they were 25/1 but decided i might jinx them if i bet on them so i decided against it. and the rest is history. said i'd never put a bet on them again!

but as for your lucky pub, my mate had his lucky chair where he watched all pool CL games last season. the only one he missed was the final, when he was at it!!!

as for arsenal, make sure u have somewhere with easy access to the bar for during the game and easier access to the exit so u wont have to watch Barca lift the brand new trophy!!! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement