Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will McClaren have a dream finish at Brough!

• 10-05-2006 12:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭

So whats the predictions for the Midlesbrough game this evening, surely they deserve it after their comeback in the last game but I`m not sure about this Sevilla FC side?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Brough?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,703 ✭✭✭Bacchus

BolBill wrote:
    Brough?

As in "Middlesbrough".

Go on Middlesbro', ye should hopefully win it. Are Seville any good? Looking forward to a fast open game with loads of goals. Boro to win 3-2 in extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Seville have been doing very well in La Liga this season, and are still in the running for a Champions League spot in their last 2 games! As for Middlesborugh they have done well to get this far, in particular in the last 2 games, but the defending (and also quality) of the teams they were playing can be questioned! I would also be particularly worried about Boros defence, but their chances are improved if Schwarzer can play!

I am going to say Seville to win, but it is a cup final and Boro have pulled of some good shock victories this year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Is this the match thread then?

If so I predict a fairly cagey game, and yet which could end up with a high scoreline if the boro attack is given a decent chance to get going.

Boro 4-3 after extra time!

Boro squad

Schwarzer, Jones, Knight, Parnaby, McMahon, Davies, Queudrue, Taylor, Southgate, Riggott, Ehiogu, Bates, Wheater, Boateng, Doriva, Downing, Rochemback, Morrison, Johnson, Kennedy, Hasselbaink, Viduka, Yakubu, Maccarone, Christie, Graham.

Schwarzer will play it seems, using a mask.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

mike65 wrote:

Boro 4-3 after extra time!

Mike.
    dont you mean injury time:D

• Advertisement

Nah it won't that easy!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Bacchus wrote:
    As in "Middlesbrough".

Go on Middlesbro', ye should hopefully win it. Are Seville any good? Looking forward to a fast open game with loads of goals. Boro to win 3-2 in extra time.

Oh yeah right, I was winding you up. :)

Reckon it could be a cracker, open footie at its best. (Thats 0-0 now cause I said that !) ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Sevilla's two semi final clashes were cagey affairs so im hoping this wont be. It would be a fitting finale for McLaren to sign off with a european trophy and a just reward for all of Boro' hard work put in during the campaign, but Sevilla are a very decent side and its going to be tough to say the least. It will be a very tight game but i can see Boro coming out on top 3-2, maybe even having to use extra time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

8-7 to Boro, coming from seven down in the last 3 minutes.

Seriously though, really looking forward to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

If Sevilla play like they do in La Liga, they should rip Boro apart.

3-1 Sevilla, with Saviola showing why he should start in Argentina's first XI.

Watch our for Jesus Navas!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Seville are a good team and should beat Middlesboro.

2-0 to Seville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

i would like Middlesbrough to win but i think they will lose 2-0

1-0 Seville :(

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭j22

Great ball in and a great header from Luis Fabiano.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Middlesborough are being owned in all facets of play so far. There's no link play between the strikers and midfielders. They need to get the wingers on the ball more. I can't decide whether or not Rochemback should be on the pitch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

anyone got a link to stream for this?

Whats with the boro players falling over?

Even that said they are pants, the midfield is'nt at the races leaving JFH having to drop deep and Viduka isolated for the most part. I see a formation change coming.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

2-3-5 maybe :p

It worked the last time!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Denied a stone wall penalty then they concede. Lifes a bitch.

• Advertisement

4-0 now :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

getting thoroughly hammered now 4-0.

Not a match for Sevilla at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Dang, and the way the last few matches had gone I thought Boro had them right where they wanted them when they went 3-0 down!

Terrible finnish for boro.

I did'nt think Seville were that good tbh, they just did'nt have to cope with any great pressure as Boro could'nt pass to save thier lives tonight.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

poor tactics by boro imo....
    should have flooded the midfield...took that gimp viduka off and put on yakubu...was it injured is that why he wasn't in the starting line-up? simply outclassed by a decent enough pacey team..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Boro simply couldnt hold on to the ball at all tonight, an all round poor performance from them. Sevilla didnt even have to reach top gear for their success.

But in saying that, the Viduka penalty incident would of changed it all, as it could then have been 1-1, instean Sevilla went straight down the field and made it 2-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I guess going for broke either works or it doesn't, it worked in the last two rounds, it didn't tonight.

Boro were completely outplayed and Sevilla deserved the win thoroughly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

yakubu should have started, viduka played poorly had 2 good chances and didnt do a thing with either. that right winger of sevilla showed quedrue and the rest of boro up with his pace and passing, was really impressed by him. with any luck he is spaniash and rafa will sign him!!

riggott played poorly, schwarzer, in hindsight, shouldn't have played and rochemback is a waste of space.

whoever comes in will need to sort out a new central defense, centre midfield and may want to play their top scorer, yakubu...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Great win for Sevilla over Middlesbrough. I am a fan of Real Madrid and La Liga is my league so i'm delighted :D

Fabiano did well tonight, he hasn't done good in Europe before but is doing good with Sevilla. He has now won the Copa Libertadores and the UEFA cup. Main trophy for south america and 2nd biggest european trophy.

The right winger is Jesus Navas. He is a great prospect for Sevilla, and yes he is spanish :P Guillum Balague said he couldn't play well in away games, well look at tonight, haha. Sevilla looked really good all season and I thought they would do good tonight, just not 4-0. I say they slowed down the pace a bit for Brough to not function properly and that was a big thing. They deserve it.

Sevilla and Barcelona for the Super Cup maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I think this goes to show what we have all been saying. Boro have been very fortunate and lucky to get this far. Hats off to them for never giving up in earlier rounds but last night their luck ran out. When it came down to skill and ability they came up short, way way short. Sevilla were the much better more composed team and they never really looked trouble by boro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I'm on record as saying 'boro would be 'hockeyed' :p
    Should be interesting to see what they achieve next season - I predict Harry Redknapp to take over in February...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Great to see Sevilla stroll it.

Hopefully Barca make it a La Liga double next week. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,164 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Went to Eindhoven yesterday without a ticket. Wanted Boro to win before I got there but after hanging around a city full of drunken, fat, ugly, obnoxious and shirtless Middlesbrough fans I quickly changed my mind. I went with some friends from Sevilla and ended up watching the game on the big screen in the Sevilla section of the city. The Sevilla fans are just as loud but nowhere near as annoying. They also kept their shirts on. Middlesbrough were fairly rubbish. The result may have flattered Sevilla but they deserved to win. There was only one team in that match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

god the class of the uefa has dropped somewhat. I didn't even know it was on

Advertisement