Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mexican Red Knee Just Out Of Molt

Options
  • 10-05-2006 1:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭

hi guys

here is my mexican red knee she is lookin good
    DSCF0268.JPG

let me know what u guys think

as ever pics on the site www.thepetspider.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

looks cool tony :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Nice Tony--Red Knees are one of the best looking tarantulas after a moult,the colours are so vibrant.Them and Avic Metallica(Metallic Pinktoe) just look so well after moulting.

Must start collecting tarantulas again--Havent had any in about 6 months now and since my snake is still missing in action I have loads of room :)

Have you started to handle the Redknee yet??
    You really should as they are so calm once they become used to being handled.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

no i have not handled it yet she is still very fast would u suggest using gloves at first if so what kind

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Thick pair of gardening gloves is what I used to use at first.Then thin latex and eventually none at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

ahhh!!!

spiders scare me :(:p

Just wonderin, why do people keep spiders as pets? I can't claim to know much about them, but dogs are loyal, affectionate, etc., and cats can be somewhat affectionate (at times :p) -- are spiders the same? I've never spent enough time in one's presence to understand really. Do they have personalities, like dogs? Can you let it out, and let it run around the room or anything?

I mean, it's a beautiful creature, but I don't understand the appeal, compared to some other pets.

Thanks for any insight!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭tonym

yeh they are like any other pet they have thier good and bad days the first one i had used to walk up my arm and just sit on my shoulder he used to love it and sometimes trying to get it down was mad so yeh they are all different

thanx richie i think ill try handling this one

Advertisement