Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are apartments so small?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Actually I would say yes it makes you crazy;) Why would you put yourself in debt for something you don't need? When your hungry do you buy three meals or one, the same logic would apply. THere was an interest Show on channel 4 last night where they recorded how somebody used their home. effectively they didn't use 70% of it so they might as well have bought a smaller place.

What is the purpose of the ambition? Will you have lavish dinner parties a huge family etc...

There is a social impact of people taking up more space than they need or demanding 3 bed houses so it could be said there is something wrong with it.

Don't get me wrong I am not suggesting you should live your life a particular way I just don't understand what is driving this. People drive 4X4s to drive on streets becasue it is a status symbol as much as anything else. Owning houses is a satus symbol and seen as an ambition by some I get that but do you really want to get into your biggest debt to show off?

If you were able to design your home from scatch for your needs would it really be a 3 bed house? I know there is limited property types but what is the ideal for you and your needs(including reasonable future needs).

THe house we bought is too big for us but it fits our needs very close with the exception of the number of bedrooms being more than we need. It was simply not possible to find what we wanted in the housing stock and we didn't want to build.

nothing says more about a man than the house he lives in followed by the wife followed by the car followed by the shoes. a mans home is his castle. the fact that i want a 4000 sq foot period house in d6 doesnt make me a bad person just someonw with a dream. it doesnt mean il fullfill that dream ever but thats what i want...
    u cant swing a cat in some of the places ive seen. but the developers are doing business, that how theyve become rich. if people buy it/rent it then thats there problem.
    property is dog eat dog, theres no social element to it that ive seen other than some half assed polital aspect to it to get votes. sad but true.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭FillSpectre

lomb wrote:
    nothing says more about a man than the house he lives in followed by the wife followed by the car followed by the shoes. a mans home is his castle. the fact that i want a 4000 sq foot period house in d6 doesnt make me a bad person just someonw with a dream. it doesnt mean il fullfill that dream ever but thats what i want...

I would say people are judged on their actions and what they say before all else and after all else. The fact you want and judge your success on such trivial things genuinely sounds sad to me. It doesn't make you bad but it just sounds like happiness to you is having other people think you are successful in a conventional way rather than you being happy and succesful in what you want to do. A dream doesn't have to be acievable but a goal should be

Advertisement