Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Spam Thread

Options
  • 03-05-2006 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭

I thought that, with all the impending exam stress and people getting to know eachother better et al, this might not be a bad idea. Want to have an in-jokey conversation with someone? Want to talk nonsense? Need a bit of a study break, but want to stay in UCD (even figuratively)? Well here's the spam thread you've always wanted. Sure, it's not as spontaneous as a random off-topic conversation, but it's a good compromise, as other people can jump in too. Plus, it doesn't alienate n00bs, as they can jump in if they know what's going on, or have an otherwise unsullied board if they don't or don't want to.

It's because I love you all, really.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

To support this thread I shall quote from the funniest people to ever walk the planet earth....

When asked what's on the menu, a waitress replies:

Well, there's egg and bacon,
    egg sausage and bacon
    Egg and spam
    Egg, bacon and spam
    Egg, bacon, sausage and spam
    Spam, bacon, sausage and spam
    Spam, egg, spam, spam, bacon and spam
    Spam, sausage, spam, spam, spam, bacon, spam tomato and spam
    Spam, spam, spam, egg and spam
    Spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, spam, baked beans, spam, spam, spam and spam.

(Choir: Spam! Spam! Spam! Spam! Lovely Spam! Lovely Spam!)

Or Lobster Thermidor aux crevettes with a mornay sauce
    served in a provencale manner with shallots and aubergines
    garnished with truffle pate, brandy and a fried egg on top and spam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I love you! *holds sides*

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Blush_01 wrote:
    I love you! *holds sides*
    Hands off. I've got that venture covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

You're going to hold my sides for me while I laugh? Wow - Boardsies really are the best people on the planet!

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Blush_01 wrote:
    You're going to hold my sides for me while I laugh? Wow - Boardsies really are the best people on the planet!
    Blast! Well, I suppose I walked into that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40 bluepencilcase

[hunting a moth]
    Hank Spim: Well, I follow the moth in the helicopter to lure it away from the flares, and then Roy comes along in the Lockheed Starfighter and attacks it with air-to-air missiles.

Pepperpot: Well, I object to all this sex on the television! I mean, I keep falling off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Mr_Roger_Bongos

AND THEN THE TREEHUT COLLAPSED! (Belly laugh here)

No one was injured but.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

love your sig rodger B

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

What is this? The Cuckoo's Nest?

Mr T's verdict

Too true.....spam references people!!!

Spam rhymes with ham, spam I am!

Anyway.....I had Grimes pointed out to me today....and at the same time saw Scraggs, Boneless and other people at the DLC....I didn't find out who they were....are they on boards? Reveal yourselves!

• Advertisement

TheVan wrote:

Anyway.....I had Grimes pointed out to me today....

Really? What was I doing at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Dont think I'm crazy now, TheVan but do you kinda look like your avatar and were you wearing navy/blue shoes with a pawprint/design of some sort near the toe??
    EDIT: ok that sounds weirder than it does in my head:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

I'm going to reclaim my stalker status now... I saw Grimes today too, and he was with Scraggs too so it was double stalkerness.

I actually saw you both twice... but that really does make me sound like a stalker!

I feel like some sort of C-List Celeb.

I even answer my phone in a Chantelleesque voice , "Heeyaa"

ahhhh I've now got severe paranoia I'm being watched AGGGGGGGGHHHHH lol

seriously though come say hi anybody if ya see me I do enjoy a natter:)

Scraggs wrote:
    seriously though come say hi anybody if ya see me I do enjoy a natter:)

Now you got the "best boardsie" award its all gone to your head eh? Sitting there expecting people to come over to YOU and beg for your attention? Eh.? Man you used to be cool.

Scraggs wrote:
    Dont think I'm crazy now, TheVan but do you kinda look like your avatar and were you wearing navy/blue shoes with a pawprint/design of some sort near the toe??

Nope! Apparently I do look like my avatar but I had white, grey and blue shoes on, jeans and a navy t-shirt! I was in the Arts Café!

I can see this becoming a Scraggs project!
    Grimes wrote:
    Really? What was I doing at the time

On the laptop? I could be wrong!....apologies if I am!

TheVan wrote:
    On the laptop? I could be wrong!....apologies if I am!

Sitting down in the dirt sourrounded by groins and cigarette butts. That sounds like me alright.

TheVan wrote:
    I can see this becoming a Scraggs project!
    Am I that predictable?:D

1st time I saw ya both I was in the Arts cafe and you were going outside to the DLC. Second time you were in the library. It's all coincidence I swear!

• Advertisement

what were we doing ;);););)

In order not to look like a crazy person, I'm going to say I wasnt really paying that much attention - so I dont know what you were doing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Just continuing the stalker theme, I saw boneless and firespinner in the DLC on my way back from the restaurant. Listing to the soundtrack from O brother, where art thou, so funny:)

humbert wrote:
    Just continuing the stalker theme, I saw boneless and firespinner in the DLC on my way back from the restaurant. Listing to the soundtrack from O brother, where art thou, so funny:)

i can guess what they were doing ;););););)

Gay for Firespinner

Gay for Boneless

Yea I worry about that nasty firespinner corrupting poor innocent boneless:p

humbert wrote:
    Yea I worry about that nasty firespinner corrupting poor innocent boneless:p

Id say they are just as bad as eachother , corrupting innocent minds with their dangly bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

humbert wrote:

Where they singing'In constant sorrow' to each other?? I love that soundtrack especially the song 'o death' is that morbid of m/?its just a really cool song!!

panda100 wrote:
    Where they singing'In constant sorrow' to each other?? I love that soundtrack especially the song 'o death' is that morbid of m/?its just a really cool song!!
    I'm impressed, good movie too!

i know they were singing somthing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Tsh. All these singing strangers. I suddenly feel so ordinary.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement