Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fiat Punto Sporting '00

Options
  • 10-05-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

hi all looking at buying my first car been driving the parentals car for near 2 years now so time to get my own set of wheels!

Came across a car that i really like! its a fiat punto sporting 1.2! it has 70k on the clock, 6 speed gear box, just NCT'd and 5 cd changer in the dash! €4000 is the price tag on it!

Just looking for ppl's opinions on the car in general
    anything in particular i should look out for/ask about
    ppl's experience's with them etc.

would appreciate some feedback!

Thanks guys!
    J.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Right the first person to start slagging the owners of Puntos gets it in the neck.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

The Punto changed from the original shape to the MkII in 99 and you don't say whether this is a MkI or II - if its a MkI I would avoid it simply because it is so obsolete and that is too much to spend on it. If its a MkII which is most likely then check it hasn't had huge wheels fitted which destroy the wishbone bushings. Check it hasn't been modified at all really - if you are starting off you don't need the complications that modifications bring. The 1.2 16v engine is fairly bullet proof but check it has been regularly serviced and had its timing belt done (at 40k I think but not sure). The six speed box has the same spread of ratios as the 5-speed, it just has more of them - 6th=5th if you get what I mean.

At 4k for a '00 and 70k miles its a bit dear, I'd offer 3,250 and see what happens.

'cptr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

The Punto changed from the original shape to the MkII in 99 and you don't say whether this is a MkI or II - if its a MkI I would avoid it simply because it is so obsolete and that is too much to spend on it. If its a MkII which is most likely then check it hasn't had huge wheels fitted which destroy the wishbone bushings. Check it hasn't been modified at all really - if you are starting off you don't need the complications that modifications bring. The 1.2 16v engine is fairly bullet proof but check it has been regularly serviced and had its timing belt done (at 40k I think but not sure). The six speed box has the same spread of ratios as the 5-speed, it just has more of them - 6th=5th if you get what I mean.

At 4k for a '00 and 70k miles its a bit dear, I'd offer 3,250 and see what happens.

'cptr

thanks for the reply Interceptor very helpful.

It is the MK2. the car hasnt been modified at all! it has a full service history and i assume the timing belt has been done at that mileage but its a question i had in mind anyways!

ah ok was wondering what use a 6-speed gear box would have on a smaill ish car! :)

i can get it down too 3,500 which i'm happy with! the outside of the car is perfect, no dents or scrapes, new tires, the wheels have no scrapes and have only seen pics of the inside but it looks spotless also!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

jobonar wrote:
    i can get it down too 3,500 which i'm happy with! the outside of the car is perfect, no dents or scrapesn new tires, even the hubcaps's have no scrapes and have only seen pics of the inside but it looks spotless also!!

I thought the Punto Sporting had factory fit alloy wheels as standard?

If buying from a garage make sure you get some sort of warranty, probably 3 months is the most you will get on a 00 reg car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

bazz26 wrote:
    I thought the Punto Sporting had factory fit alloy wheels as standard?
    your right it does have alloys on it alright sorry heads a step behind today!

yeah its from a garage and i'd be expecting a short waranty alright!

• Advertisement
Advertisement