Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A wii-only Resi Evil (oh, and Duck Hunt!!)

Options
  • 10-05-2006 3:21pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://uk.revolution.ign.com/articles/706/706951p1.html
    Publisher Capcom today announced that it is underway with a new Resident Evil game developed exclusively for Nintendo's Wii console. The game will take advantage of the system's unique controller for a new take on the atmospheric franchise.

Doesn't say if it's Resi 5 or a reworking of the same, but still good news, considering the fact that no other console has said anything about Resi so far.

Idea's on how it will work? I can see the wiimote being used as a torch for a game like resi, but not for the whole thing, that would be annoying!

oh and check this out:
    http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64537
    The latest rumour concerns a new next-gen title that's based on one of the NES's best remembered classics - Duck Hunt.

As everyone over the age of 20 will recall, Duck Hunt came with a light gun that let you shoot birdies on the screen. That might sound a bit rubbish to you youngsters, but it was cutting-edge in those days, and didn't half take our minds off the permanent impending threat of global nuclear holocaust.
    Advertisement

Now, it seems, a new version of Duck Hunt is in development for the Nintendo Wii. Which sounds plausible, since the Wii's remote controller is clearly ideally suited to shooting things at your telly.

Love the game, but can they make an modern version out of it? I mean it's addictive but a very shallow experience, unless it's part of a huge pack of arcade games...

I'd rather see the original on VC, with the ability to use the wiimote instead of the light gun (but either way I don't care, I have it!!!)

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

flogen wrote:
    Idea's on how it will work? I can see the wiimote being used as a torch for a game like resi, but not for the whole thing, that would be annoying!

i think that'd actually be a pretty cool idea actually

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Better than how they implemented it in Doom 3?

I hope you can shoot the dog in the new duck hunt.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I hope you can shoot the dog in the new duck hunt.

Oh fúck yeah! Sniggering little bastard... I'd like to see him shoot two fastpaced ducks with three bullets!!!

I think resi could work really well, but I wonder if they'll implement the controller in any new way or will they go for it being the gun/knife and used to solve puzzles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

I wonder if Dick Cheney will be an easter egg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    I wonder if Dick Cheney will be an easter egg :D

Ba-dum tish

Would be interesting to see what they do with it, and if it'll be a whole full proper new game or something small/short (and cheap).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

odds on capcom doing another res evil 1 remake?

Advertisement