Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL 6mb Line

• 10-05-2006 4:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭

Is the new ntl 6mb line sufficient for downloading using bittorent (legal bittorents of course) is there any issues with using it for downloading? im currently with esat and product works fine and i get a working download speed of 320kbs from bittorents where as my friend only manages about 20 -30 on his 3mb line with ntl.

also is it suitable for sharing over a lan with two other pcs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

also is the 6mb line reliable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Yes it's reliable,

Your friend probably has his connection set up wrong. Theres no reason why an esat 3meg line should be faster at torrents than an ntl 3 meg line.

I've gotten 1100 KB/s from a torrent before on the ntl line, granted it was a torrent with almost all seeds no leeches though.

With the upload capped to 45k and on a normal torrent I've got 500k out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭neon_glows

is ntl 6meg available in waterford city?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

Theres no reason why an esat 3meg line should be faster at torrents than an ntl 3 meg line.

...except if NTL are throttling BitTorrent connections?

P.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

They do not throttle bit tiorrent connections ,and yes NTL is availible in Waterford City, I have the 6mb line ,but im having a problem with it im only getting just under 400 kb/s with it.Im in Ardkeen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

I've often got the full 250k dl from my 2Mb line so I'm not sure if they do throttle it. Now I'm on 3Mb (after the upgrade) I haven't tried dl anything yet.
    But yes it is available in Waterford and it is reliable and more than sufficient for dl using bittorrent. Not sure about the lan thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

^^^ Its reliable for you JAP and myselp have been having problems for a few days now.

Advertisement