Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate wasps!

Options
  • 10-05-2006 4:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Why do people have such a fear of wasps? there are of course the obvious reasons but its not life threating to get stung....

when there is a wasp in my office i cant relax and work properly untill i have either killed or gotten the little bastard outside.

Does anyone else have such fears?

I dont remember ever even being stung by a wasp...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I hate them too - I moved into a house last Sept and there were wasps everywhere. I found the nest in my attic:eek: So far this year I'v had 4 wasps in the house. I'm terrified of them for some stupid reason. I've been stung once on my little finger - man it was sore and my finger swelled up big time. Yep - I definitely hate them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭LAAngel

Hi, I'm terrible when it comes to wasps. Im terrified of them, I've never been stung (touch wood) but I scream and run when they come near me. I'm actually afraid to lie out sun bathing in the good weather cause I can't relax cause I know they'll be near. How bad is that.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

I'm not a big fan of wasps but i wouldnt say i'm terrified of them. I found them more annoying than anything else.

As far as i remember wasps stings can be lethal to some people, I think wasps stings can cause anaphylactic shock. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Some info here - note the apt Latin name!

http://www.tameside.gov.uk/corpgen1/wasps.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Molly Rose

Unless its just instinct to avoid or be fearfull of them afterall the black death was transfered from rats to insects (i think) and in some parts of the world insect carry fatal disease, or maybe im just a wimp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

Molly Rose wrote:
    or maybe im just a wimp!
    Bingo!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,466 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I don't mind wasps or bees ... I just ignore them and they fly away. My wife hates them with a passion and waves her hands around in a mad frenzy trying to get rid of them, which only attracts them more! I've given up telling her this simple fact, since she bites my head off whenever I mention it now :)

Now for my pet hate ... the big, black, dozy, fat flies you get around this time of year, just flying around buzzing in circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I hate wasps!!! so horrible :p I hate bees even more so, though, cos they're hairy! :eek:

I've never been stung either, and I can't imagine that it'd hurt too much (when i was younger the pain is what i feared most, but i've had more painful things happen i imagine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tourmaline

They don't actually bother me.... and I've been attacked by a swarm of them. I was playing with my brother and he upset a hive and they, well, did as wasps do. I'd over a hundred stings, still have scars from where we missed the stingers.

Still, they don't really bother me. I guess I'm just really brave :D

Advertisement