Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dewalt or Bosch

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have the bosch gbh 24vre and my brother has the same and we both like them. I only paid 450 for mine with 2 batteries. B and Q have them. Mcquillans sell them aswell but last time I checked they were way over priced. I also have an 18v bosch. Dewalt are also good but the prices you are quoting are very expensive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 the chippie

i have the dewalt drill you are looking at ,and i think it is one of the best cordess sds drill around and i have it now for 3 years or so .if you are dublin i think you can get for around 500 or so euro in paragon tools .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭O-Ninio

The Bosch and DeWalt are both excellent sds drills I think there is an offer at the mo giving a 3rd battery free with the dewalt. However I would have to recommend looking at the panasonic version not too sure on the price, I know Mc Quillans have them, but the battery runtime of the panasonics is phenomenal, far far better than both the dewalt and bosch. As regards Paragon I find them way overpriced for dewalt Mc Quillans always give me better prices usually 20% cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭oulu

It is a bit like Pele or Maradonna , both great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Mcquillans is where I was looking. I called Meteor in the North about the Bosch and they quoted me €550 ex vat. Just looked up Paragon tools so I'll gie them a call tomorrow during the day for prices. I have to get it tomorrow though. I'll be claiming the VAT back on it so I guess I'm factoring that into the price. A third battery isn't really an incentive for me as two batteries is more than enough. I won't even be using this drill day to day as my boss provides me with the bosch one when I need it on site. More for woek I'll be doing myself and I want a decent drill for it. The drill that comes in the combo pack is worth €200 according to Mcquillans so for €695 less trade discount and with Vat back the price seems decent to me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I had a both a bosch and a dewalt. The Dewalt in my opinion is a much stronger tool and is more powerful.
    I bought in the US and saved a fortune.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 john r h

Hi got a dewalt 18 v drill from tooled-up .com for about 300 euros ,great drill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭aka_Ciaran

My brother used to be an aircraft mechanic plus he can turn his hand to just about any DIY job going. Having used various brands of drills and other equipment down the years he announced from now on he is using DeWalt and nothing else

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

We have a lot of dewalt gear, IMO, the best. We do have the bosch cordless but I find that when drilling you really need to put the pressure on the Bosch, where as the dewalt will sail through it.

If anyone has the Family Album, they do dewalt gear at decent prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Got the Bosch in the end. Happy with the two drills so far. Disapointed it didn't come with a standard chuck adapter so had to buy one of them extra

• Advertisement
Advertisement