Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amd 3500+ overclocking

Options
  • 10-05-2006 5:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

evening chaps and chapetts :)

i have myself a venice core( i think ) 3500+ and am having someproblems pushing it past 2.6ghz. the core components are

the cpu, obviously
    dfi lanparty nf4 ut dr mobo
    1gb corsair xms 4400
    hiper 580w sli modular psu

i have done all the usual, raise the fsb in small incriments, up the vcore small ammounts syne the ram/fsb 1:1 increase ram voltage blah blah blah.

@ 2.6 ghz the pcwill prime fordays and dosentgo above 38c under full load. But if i try and up the fsb vcoreect ect even the tiniest bit morethe pcwill fail to boot, and when it does is, its so unstable it just random reboots, even though sometimes it will last a few hours.

any ideas chappys ?

On another note, i have a vgn-fe11m sony laptop
    http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/SonyStyle/b2c/deeplink.do?countryId=IE&s=external&ss=notebooks&langId=EN&campaignId=LEC-LP05NAVIE

and was wondering if it is anyway possible to remove the cpu so i can use it in a desktop pc, as i heard thesecpus(intel core duo t2300) are amazing overclockers.

cheers

anti

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

2.6ghz is what a lot of Vencie core CPUs top out at....

But first, use a divider to keep the ram at stock speeds and find the max stable OC of your CPU.

Then, drop the multiplier to find the max stable overclock of your RAM

Then combine these to results in the most efficient way to reach the sweetspot;)

What Vcore are you using, it very safe to go to 1.55vcore and a lot of people have venices at 1.6volt. But I wouldnt like goign over 1.55v.....

To answer the second question, you need a Pentium M desktop board (s479)
    and I cant recommend one as I am currently trying to find one too, somone pointed me toward one on Komplett, but I dont know how well it overclocks.

P.s Why ruin a perfectly good laptop?

Why not buy a core Duo from here

Or buy a Pentium D 805 and overclock it to 4ghz?

There is a thread about the 805 in this section;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

cheers for the advice, will keep it in mind.

see the plan with the laptop is that its from pc world and has the three year extended warrenty so ill rip the cpu out, then get one of the lads to drive over thelaptop. new laptop for me :)

Lol :d

Just be sure it covers accidental damage.........

it does indeed, i used to work for them so im 100% clear with the warrenty, accidential damage is covered for the lenth of the term :)

free theft for one year too :)

Can I rob it?

• Advertisement

why not. Got nothing better on this weekend :)

Advertisement