Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Wood to Tile floor connector

Options
  • 10-05-2006 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Sorry about the strange thread title, but I'm not sure what the piece is actually called. I have searched Google a bit but can't find an image of what I'm looking for. Basically it's a piece of wood (not unlike a saddle board) that connects a wood floor to a tile floor. I need to find one in a dark Walnut colour, but I have only been able to find them in light colours.

This is the wood floor I have bought. Does anyone know what this connecting piece is called and where I could get one to match the colour of the wood in the image? I know I can get them in metal but I they look a bit crap. My other option is buying the light one and using wood stain to match the colours, but I'm not exactly the handiest when it comes to DIY so I'd rather avoid that.

Thanks for reading :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Serbian, these are very common...they are called ramps. They are available in all types of wood.

Go to Brooks Thomas off the Naas Rd. They will have a full selection or any hardwood floor supplier. I think the manufacturer is called F2F.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

Thanks Lex, that's a great help. As you may have guessed, this is my first time sorting something like this out :p. I'll head over there on the weekend.

Advertisement