Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping a Bluetooth Device with VB6

Options
  • 10-05-2006 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

Does anyone know if there is a way of checking if a bluetooth device is in range using vb6? My issue is that I want users to be able to print directly from my application to a bluetooth printer, but if the printer is not in range I want to display a message to them first.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!
    thanks,
    Lor

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Just let them print, trap any errors and then display a message if the print raises an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 lorsmith

I tried that, which worked fine with a normal printer - but with the bluetooth one, the status goes to "printing" and if the printer is not connected, the status just stays at printing indefinately until such time as the printer comes within range..

Any other ideas would be hugely appreciated!

Advertisement