Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

03 Golf - CD Player?

Options
  • 10-05-2006 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

I know in 03 the Golf got a facelift inside, the radio is different and they seem to have onboard computers. They also introduced remote central locking as standard. Did they all come with CD players as standard?

Were there any other extras added, I'm thinking of getting a TDI Comfortline in the summer and selling my 01 SDI.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

I think there may have been some that still came with radio casettes even in 2003. However there are two levels of CD player with them, there is one version which is the normal radio casette linked to a seperate CD Player above it and then there's a CD player all in one unit which came in the higher end models and allow better sound settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think the 2003 Comfortline Golf had a cd player as standard. Afaik yes there were two types. The late 2003 Golf had the cd and radio integrated into one unit as opposed to the old 2 seperate units for radio/cassette and cd on earlier models. The new unit is easily identified as it had a larger one piece screen with the buttons at each side.

Old unit:
    CarcraftGolSIL343.jpg

Newer unit:

419019_20060506050518_9.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Yes Bazz thats them. I think the comfortline comes with the all in one unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Cool thanks guys. Hope I get the all in one with a 03 comfortline. Might get even more extras coz it might be coming from England, would love cruise control!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

I think that because the 03 golf was the last of the Mark IVs they loaded all the comfort line options onto the base models.

a lot of car companies do this so people will buy the current model and not wait for the new ones which would have a lower spec.

I bought the 2003 model Golf in Feb of that year and it came with a CD player, on board computer and velour seats.

• Advertisement
Advertisement