Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got NTL

• 10-05-2006 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭

Have a few questions....

How do I check my usage?
    How do I access the router interface?

And, I have a wireless router, that I was using with the eircom router, to provide internet for the computer in the dining room. But to get them to work together, I had to set the Eircom Netopia pos to bridged mode. Will I have to do the same with the NTL router?

I'm happy as larry with the speed and stability, btw :cool:

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

mang87 wrote:
    Have a few questions....

How do I check my usage?
    How do I access the router interface?

And, I have a wireless router, that I was using with the eircom router, to provide internet for the computer in the dining room. But to get them to work together, I had to set the Eircom Netopia pos to bridged mode. Will I have to do the same with the NTL router?

I'm happy as larry with the speed and stability, btw :cool:

TIA

Bridging in this case is not necessary - just connecting the wireless router to the ntl should work - usual advice is power off both then turn on the ntl wait a couple of mins and then turn on the wireless router. (having previously connected them of course!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

Ah right cool, cheers.

How do I open ports on the NTL thingy? Do I need to? It looks like it, because my torrent isn't connecting properly. Light is staying yeller! :(

Edit: Nevermind that, it has connected. Just must have been a slow one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

kinda don't understand your question, do you have eircom and just installed ntl and want to use them both? if yes, just get a switch plug routers into it(make sure their gateways aren't the same), and configure each computer use a gateway you want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Jammer

To get into the modem - http://192.168.100.1/

no need, you cant change anything, from what i can see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

ah damnit mang, u already pwn me with your old connex.do you really need a 12 ping?:rolleyes:

congrats tho

this is of no benifit to anyone,sorry

• Advertisement

CyberGhost wrote:
    kinda don't understand your question, do you have eircom and just installed ntl and want to use them both? if yes, just get a switch plug routers into it(make sure their gateways aren't the same), and configure each computer use a gateway you want.
    Yeah, sorry, might not have made that clear. I have Eircon(had, whatever, I'm using NTL from now on!), and I want to use my Netgear wireless router to connect my 2 pcs to the internet.
    I'm going to try to switch them now, see if it works.
    Jammer wrote:
    To get into the modem - http://192.168.100.1/

no need, you cant change anything, from what i can see.

Cheers dude :cool:

Okay not happy with this at all, I seem to be getting 1mb speeds now? :mad:

Advertisement