Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odds on the Mods

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

Cue the scramble!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

We recommend the mod and once there are no objections from the admins they'll be made mod.

:)
    Cheater:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

:) hehe.

Oh and guys..... you're WAAAAAAYY off.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭meowCat

:) hehe.
    Oh and guys..... you're WAAAAAAYY off.

why do you mods actually make such a secret out of it? Don't get at all what craic is with that, tbh.

meowCat wrote:
    why do you mods actually make such a secret out of it? Don't get at all what craic is with that, tbh.
    Well if it hasn't been confirmed by the admins then she can't very well tell us (or probably even the new mod) can she?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

I actually would love to mod for one thing. Banning the Zane. No doubt it would push him over the edge and force a postal spree somewhere.

'He banned me?? Thats way out of line! I told him thats not on and he then went and permanent banned me!! How could he be so UNREASONABLE. I only threaten to kick his head in! THIS IS SO TYPICAL AND UNFAIR AND WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAPPEN TO ME!!!

At which point he would have emptied the sub machine into Lecture Th L. He always wanted to kill those damn d4s who ignored him

Blowfish wrote:
    Well if it hasn't been confirmed by the admins then she can't very well tell us (or probably even the new mod) can she?

Ahh, there's something fishy about logic for me at that time of day/night. :o

Anyways, why did someone add this Moriarty to the bottom of the poll and why has nobody commented on that yet? Broadband and Sanctus Moris + ucd now?
    Personally, I have decided to just wait and see. Speculating is becoming boring, really. :cool:

meowCat wrote:
    Ahh, there's something fishy about logic for me at that time of day/night. :o

Anyways, why did someone add this Moriarty to the bottom of the poll and why has nobody commented on that yet? Broadband and Sanctus Moris + ucd now?
    I did comment on it, just with subtlety :). Peachy added it, so I called her a cheater, Moriarty is her bf.

Blowfish wrote:
    I did comment on it, just with subtlety :). Peachy added it, so I called her a cheater, Moriarty is her bf.

oh ok :o thanks for explaining Blowfishy.
    all these things I don't understand here. :(

meowCat wrote:
    oh ok :o thanks for explaining Blowfishy.
    all these things I don't understand here. :(
    Ah your grand.:) It takes a while, since a lot of people here know eachother in real life, but you will get used to it.
    And on topic, whomever Peachy, Truckle and the admins chose to go for, i'll hapily go along with it.:)

• Advertisement

Blowfish wrote:
    And on topic, whomever Peachy, Truckle and the admins chose to go for, i'll hapily go along with it.:)

Glad to hear it :)

Nah seriously guys, the new mod will do a great job and be very fair. I reckon the spam will be seriously cut down too. :)

Blowfish wrote:

and if you don't, you'll just get banned, no big deal :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

Glad to hear it :)

Nah seriously guys, the new mod will do a great job and be very fair. I reckon the spam will be seriously cut down too. :)
    is said new mod aware of his/her/trans appointment??

tintinr35 wrote:
    is said new mod aware of his/her/trans appointment??

Said new mod has been asked and has said that once the admins are fine they'll be happy to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Sangre wrote:
    I actually would love to mod for one thing. Banning the Zane. No doubt it would push him over the edge and force a postal spree somewhere.

'He banned me?? Thats way out of line! I told him thats not on and he then went and permanent banned me!! How could he be so UNREASONABLE. I only threaten to kick his head in! THIS IS SO TYPICAL AND UNFAIR AND WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAPPEN TO ME!!!

At which point he would have emptied the sub machine into Lecture Th L. He always wanted to kill those damn d4s who ignored him

That's a bit personal and biased, non?

I like spam as much as the next spammer, but the level of spam has gotten a bit mental in the last few weeks. Hence the spam thread. Maybe we need someone who'll smack a few bans on people to teach them a lesson, but at the same time, this board is for recreational and informative purposes. A nice balance between fun and seriousness would be great.

Whoever is mod will do the job to the best of their ability, I'm sure. Peachy loves us too much to hold the Mod thing over us and stick someone mean in the position, she's been more than fair all year, why would she punish us now? Oh, and Truckle seems a pretty decent sort too. I mean, there had to be some Truckle input for us to get Peachy originally. I trust them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

The new mod will cut down on spam??

Spam is scientifically proven to be good for you and is also fun........

A platypus to the face of whomever cuts spam! (except you peachy!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Said new mod has been asked and has said that once the admins are fine they'll be happy to do it.
    It's not me btw. I'm leaving bt Sept. (I hope!)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Well it's not me either!

Why all this cloak and dagger stuff i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Well it could be! I know, if I was mod (dun dun dun), then I wouldnt tell anyone until I was officially mod!

Well let's see if we can work out who it is. Here's my thoughts (and my comments only refer to mod suitability, not on their character as a whole)

Going from the poll and other likely suspects:

Sangre:
    Would rule with an iron fist, but prehaps too much so. Wouldn't be the "people's choice". Has been banned three times. Also leaving UCD this year (I think). So not likely to be Sangre.

Red Alert:
    Strong contender, level headed, sensible and not a spam tard. In final year but looks like he'll do a PhD after. (Poor bastard). If his post above is true, it's not him.

irlrobins:
    Well can't comment on myself, but enough to say it's not me. And I'm leaving in a few months so that rules me out by default.

Scraggs:
    The people's champ. Likeable, funny but a minor spam whore. Prob not tough enough to be the mod. Outsider.

Zane:
    A bit of an ol moaner our Zane. Easy going but again prob not tough enough to be the new mod. Outsider.

Kaptain Redeye:
    Can't really say much about KR. He's been a bit quiet recently so hard to judge. So no firm opinion from me.

Pythia:
    Too politically involved to be a runner.

Panda:
    Same as Pythia. If made mod would probably get into an argument with a person she's about to ban and end up banning herself. ;)

SingingStranger:
    Spam tard in the extreme. That is all. :p

Rainbow Kirby:
    Resident female nerd. Sensible poster, tends to stay out of SU discussions. Could be a contender but might not have the presence to be a mod. More likely to end up a mod in Games forum.

Elmyra:
    The loveable noob. Complete spam whore however so a non runner.

Seb the bum:
    Leaving this year so out by default.

Grimes:
    Could be a contender. Has been banned before. But does have the capability of being a hard line mod. Complete inability to work out how to swear could be a disadvantage. :p

Hullaboo (or however u spell it):
    Stong contender. Rules legal discussion toughly by all accounts. Has been a bit quiet on this topic so could be him! Just as long as he leave's his spell czech **** off this forum.

The Van:
    A bit spammy. Not much else I can think to say. Outside bet.

Blush01:
    Could be good. Potential to be a bitch mod from hell (which is what the current mods want). Could possibly be a lil over sensitive at times. Good contender.

Mr. Nice Guy:
    By the virtue of being non existant, lacks the presence to be the mod. 200-1 long shot.

Right think that's it? If I've left anyone out some else can post their take.

And remember guys, I love you all! (Before I get an abusive PM)

• Advertisement

Whee i'm not in there:). I think you are forgetting that peachy could easily have brought in a UCDian who doesn't post that much, such as orangerooster. There would be no problem with someone like that being mod (although I really don't know what he is like), as they obviously aren't part of the clique.

Yep def a possibility. I was just going thru some of the names that popped up so far.

Reading back over my post, saying Blush was over sensitive is not the way I meant to describe her. What I was trying to say was that she can take the bait of a troll too quickly on occasion. Just to clear that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,885 ✭✭✭Stabshauptmann

irlrobins wrote:
    Kaptain Redeye:
    Can't really say much about KR. He's been a bit quiet recently so hard to judge. So no firm opinion from me.

The old, if you cant say anything nice, dont say anything. Yeah with exams Ive really cut down my boards usage, although UCD is the only forum I still post on, and apparently I seem to be one of the few ucd posters who has figured out how to get round boards timing out :p

Grimes:
    Could be a contender. Has been banned before. But does have the capability of being a hard line mod. Complete inability to work out how to swear could be a disadvantage. :p

Hullaboo (or however u spell it):
    Stong contender. Rules legal discussion toughly by all accounts. Has been a bit quiet on this topic so could be him! Just as long as he leave's his spell czech **** off this forum.

SO those are your two choices, very intervesting (searches in vain for vampire smilie).

Yet possibly the most consistant UCD poster has been forgotten, Kittenkiller. She has presence, is fair, tactful and ive never seen her in a fight. But alas shes leaving too :(

and apparently I seem to be the only ucd poster who has figured out how to get round boards timing out :p
    *ehem* myself and robin are hanging around aswell

Ohhh, odds on the mods is post of the day!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭tintinr35

*Cough* why do ye always forget about me (id avoid smart coments cause we dont no who it is yet)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Actually KittenKiller would be ideal if only she weren't leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Sangre wrote:

Ah would you look, young Sangre is trolling me yet again. Funny how he's so against this evil spam but yet is at a liberty to continue to stir sh!t which I would most definitely consider to be far a more serious offence. Unbelievable.

On the topic of crap from the likes of above, I just hope the new mod won't turn a blind eye to personal sh!t or trolling like has been done now. Spamming as annoying as it can be is generally harmless, personal provokation ruins a forum. In other words I hope priorities are in order.
    irlrobins wrote:
    Zane:
    A bit of an ol moaner our Zane. Easy going but again prob not tough enough to be the new mod. Outsider.

*tut* Fcuk sake irlrobins, I'm not a moan! *tut* :p

It's not me anyway. Even if I was asked I would have been reluctant since I'll probably be busy during the summer and I'm looking at other courses, doesn't mean I'll be leaving though. I think there's alot of people here who would be very good mods but 4/5 stand out for me so I hope one of them get it.
    humbert wrote:
    Actually KittenKiller would be ideal if only she weren't leaving.

It would because she would not dare ban me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I think Irlrobins got it pretty spot on with his post.....even the bit about me:D I probably would end up banning myself!

So for me I think it come down to Scraggtastic aka scraggs or the van.
    I think the Van would make a really good mod. He's always levelheaded,doesnt do any of the spamming and would be a fair moderator...also he's out of the 'clique' even though many people know him in real life so my moneys on him...
    Saying that we can nut underestimate the power of girl power. I also think Scraggs has all the qualities Ive attributed to the van.The only thing Id think that she would have to do,which I think she would ,is to seperate personal form the political.for example even if she's friends with someone in the outside world that she wouldnt feel bad or whatever for banning them if they were out of line.
    Personally though Id love to see prettymonster and vainglory becoming joint moderators..I think the boarsd would become really fun and great craic if those two were on the job:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

this thread sucks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement